What`s wrong with solar pannel in space?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ronewird, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Ronewird

Ronewird Ensign

I have 14 bigger solar pannel faces forward directly the sun, and they in total produce 120 pu of energy.
    As i was expecting more solar output compared to planet that`s is dramacticaly a drop on my expectaction.

Is just a bug or i really don`t understand the logic behind this.

2. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

Bug report it. I think solar panels in space are broken right now. Also, which version?

3. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

I think distance from the sun also affects solar panels in space; you might wanna check how far out you are from your local star.

4. Ronewird

Ronewird Ensign

doesn`t make any sense. Planet is still more far away and have atmosphere on it who shield sun light....never hear about hv , right? Any point of surronding space around a planet get more sun light than the planet itself....just matter or common sense and basic science knowledge.

edited:

I`m playing on official eu server.

5. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

Sadly, Empyrion planets don't have varying climates / sun brightness with their distance from the sun. Planetary solar panels are always equally effective. It's weird that space solar panels are different, though.

6. Coreador

Coreador Lieutenant

Last time I checked (couple days ago on experimental) my solar panels were working well, with 15 giving me over 4kpu in space. Not sure what is happening for you, unless something changed with a patch.

7. boo

boo Lieutenant

i think, solar panel can be fixed by the dev or the one who make the scenario for official server ... in a solo game with random map system, you can have around 1-2 kw in space...

in official server, you have 147w max on regular world orbit, 526w in galactic trading market , previous patch it was around 250w for planet like meldo.

the only thing that make non sense is you have more solar power in a planet than in space ....

Ronewird likes this.