What's the main problem of PVP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xiaojie233, Mar 22, 2020.

1. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

I don’t play PVP so I don’t know the detail of it,but it seems that many people think the PVP in Empyrion is bad or terrible, what is causing this, the bug?the network? or something else?

2. builder680

builder680 Ensign

It can get pretty laggy, plus you can get your core shot through blocks sometimes. Been like that forever. Still can be fun though.

3. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

The part with the core is barely true, lagshots have become uncommon and turrets don't aim for the core anymore.

4. Khazul

Khazul Captain

I don't think the Empyrion PVP is bad - just pretty much all PvP in all games where there is out of fight levelling/gearing/skilling involved is bad as it just makes it a paradise for the more obnoxious types (serial griefers/gankers etc).

I used to really enjoy CS, TFC, Half life, Quake, Unreal etc back in the day until it all went to shit with cheaters, script kiddies etc. Even WoW was good at the start until bored teenagers got online and started the ganking/griefing thing (which I guess some may argue is less damaging than the petty theft, drugs, burglary, vandalism, joy riding, pushing prams/grannies in front of busses/trains or other muggings etc that they would have otherwise have been doing).

Sadly - these vermin seem to be all that inhabit PvP these days.

WAZZUUUP! likes this.
  5. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

Well most PvP players i met were pretty friendly. Actually there was just this one group who took it a little too serious so it wasn't that much fun with those guys, but despite that freindly dudes.

Edit: This one group wasn't exactly unfriendly they were just a bit arrogant (but they were also pretty good so ...). It was just they played so serious they took the fun out of it.

6. xiaojie233

xiaojie233 Commander

Yes, but what I've heared is technical problems like lagshots, I believe every pvp player is good:D

7. boo

boo Commander

well, someone who pvp for longtime wont go to a fight without some spare part... like core, cput4, warpdrive, pentaxyd container, generators, trusters, cockpits, materials, anythings you would need in case of lagshot or if you need to repair after a battle.
    (and also the id of the ship in case of you need autodestruction, than surrender and leave your ship to your enemi ...)

most problems actually is the lagshot that can destroy a cockpit or a core, passing through a few layers of any ships.... and the CPU limit too low !

8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

LOL! Yeah, you know, I guess this is a step up. :p:cool:

9. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

nope, players who carry a sare parts with them and have structure ID ready don't build a ship without a lagshot protection. And still, lagshots are not that common anymore!

10. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

For me PvP is waste of time. Grind for mats, fight, loose, grind, fight, win, grind, fight, loose, grind, and so on. Slap in some raiding.
    Some seems to like this, because also measure if tactics and builds work better than your "enemies" or not. Lagshots just a minor issue.
    Loose or win in the long run becomes secondary, unless you loose a lot and maybe find another server or faction or game or whatever.

11. Dem

Dem Commander

There is only one problem about PvP.... "Me" :D I don't like PvP

12. boo

boo Commander

lagshot is always comon, even with lagwall, the last fight i lost is du to a lagshot, that pass through the layer, and the pyramidal wall, before destroying the CPUT4 that is close to the cockpit, guess the homing rocket was tergeting the waprdrive not one room above and behind the cpu

13. boo

boo Commander

pvp will be fun if you fight against a friend or someone you know who dont want to destroy or steal your ship, but just a fair fight till one of you stop the fight.
    (could be fun if you fight and destroy the asshole you dont like in the server too ... )

14. fa_q2

fa_q2 Lieutenant

No problems with lag shot anymore for me. Once you design for it, it really is not an issue. There main problem is the point - the game is lacking any type of point whatsoever. Even when you 'win' an engagement with another player you lose. Most of them end up with the loser running away and even if they stick around until you take the ship you lost way more mats than you gain. You cant really salvage the ship without risking someone else picking you off anyway. It becomes an endless loop of crapping out a bunch of ships from the factory and throwing them away.

The game needs some sort of purpose or goal.

Unfortunately, that is the same problem with single player - after setting myself up on the first planet I find that there is nothing left to do - every other place is just another carbon copy of the first planet.

15. The Big Brzezinski

From what I can tell, the biggest issue seems to be how your ability to produce ships is tied directly and immutably to the number of people in your faction. If you want overwhelm opponents with faster blueprint manufacturing, the only way is more people with more mouths scarfing more ingots to poop out more ships.This isn't even getting into the exploit of excreting a death fortress firebase on the enemy's doorstep.

I grant that this was a very ingenious way of facilitating blueprint usage on the cheap, but it's aging very badly. It's probably the feature that should be overhauled next.

16. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

One lagshot doesn't proof it common.
    Are you sure it was a lagshot? On some servers the explosion radius is 5 blocks large.

17. krazzykid2006

krazzykid2006 Rear Admiral

All I can say is that if you still have to add lagshot protection to your craft at all (whitespacing, pyramid use, layers of windows, etc, etc) then lagshots are still very much an issue. You shouldn't have to build around them. They just shouldn't happen at all.
    We still see them from time to time on HWS servers, but not as common as they were before the "fix" for them.

18. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

Spoken by someone who's clearly never really PvP-ed at any proficient level (or any level, for an extended time)

19. nottrox ¯\ (ツ) /¯

May I take this as a challenge to a duel?

20. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

@boo (and others) For me such "friendly" gameplay is PvE, where PvP might just become an event now and then. If there are some "free" areas or RP rules that limits the ability to do PvP (all the time), then calling it PvP becomes a joke (for me). PvP is for those that really want to compete with others, violently.
    I have had my share through other games, FPS types and MineCraft and WoW. Depends on the game too, in what way PvP works.

EGS PvP (as I see it) is collecting resources and build vessels to attack others and raid, bases for protection and production. Issues are exploits/bugs and time (finding someone to fight or fights lasts long). Mixing in PvE makes it meh.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2020