where can i find the colorscheme of an objekt and how can icopy it ?

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jorgodan, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

as I asked in the topic :)

2. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

Color Palettes are saved with a structure.
    If you want to copy a palette from another structure, ship or POI:
    1. Go right up to the structure
    2. Pull out your Texture and Color Tool
    3. Point it right at the POI and RMB to bring up the Tool's UI.
    4. Click "Configure"
    5. Select the individual color and click copy.
    6. Go back to your build that you want that color on.
    7. Point your Texture and Color Tool at it and open the Configure menu.
    8. Select a color on the palette you want to replace (e.g. those ugly pinks and purples) and click "Paste" to replace that color.
    Alternatively, you can click the top left square in the customize color screen, Shift+click the bottom right to copy the entire pallete and click Copy.
    Go back to your build and repeat the process, but click Paste to replace the entire pallete.
    You can also save it to the savegame's pallete, by clicking the + button at the top of the color pallete to add a new pallete and copy it into there. You can then use "Apply to Current" to replace an entire structure's pallete with that one instead of copy-pasting the whole thing each time you want to use it on a new structure.

Jorgodan and Germanicus like this.
  3. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

@Vermillion thanks so much. I did not know that i can copying the complete pallete with the Windows standard marking . The normal procedere is nown.

Can I read out the color scheme as a file somewhere? A friend asked me to send him the color scheme ("HSV colour code") so that he can customize his objects. And in the Workschop there are also objects with different color schemes to choose from.
    How does that work then?

Thank you for explaining how to do it to a beginner.
    my learning curve is steep;)

Germanicus likes this.
  4. Vermillion

Vermillion Rear Admiral

If you select the entire pallete and go copy. It copies it to the clipboard, so you can paste it as a set of color codes outside the game.

Jorgodan likes this.
  5. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

oh thanks. so easy. i try it this evening.

6. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

Unfortunately it doesn't work to copy the whole palette at once. As soon as I mark several or all colored areas in the current palette, their color changes and the color of the object is destroyed if I do not press cancel.
    i have no idea whats wrong. I'm in the Creativ mode.
    upload_2020-8-10_21-34-52.jpeg

normaly looks in this way:
    upload_2020-8-10_21-40-28.jpeg
    Have you any tip ?

where and how can I define the color schemes that I can call up in "Preset"?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  7. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

Hello,
    has noone else this problem ? So i cant transfer my color codes to other designers and i cant copy other color schemes to my palette.
    Unless I do it for each individual field.
    It's very mysterious.
    Could it be a new problem in V1.0?

8. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Hey, no you can not copy all colors at once, this is an old bug since A10 or earlier

You need to copy one color at a time and only the "Current" Preset is maintained with the BP, all others, "1", "2", ... are only maintained in your current save

Jorgodan and Kassonnade like this.
  9. Jorgodan

Jorgodan Commander

Oh what? Thats not nice. Then was Vermillion also a litle out of date with his anwer. ;) I was looking forward to.
    Hasn't that annoyed anyone of the creators? Some things were fixed in the last patch for the creative mode. That would have been great to fix it in the same time. Too bad.
    But one question remains.
    Where and how can I define the color schemes that I can call up in the "Preset" drop-down menu?

10. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Has been bug reported before but there's probably more problematic issues to address first

As for your question, when you press "Preset" at the bottom you get two choices and those are standard and can not be changed but you can change the several "Palettes" "1" and "2" and so on and then apply those to the "Current" palette, which is the only one associated with the build you're working on

You can use the "Apply to Current" for that but unfortunately those custom palettes are only maintained in the current save game, you start a new game and will need to recreate all that again and can't even copy from a previous one because of the bug

20200814174038_1.jpg

11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I can copy entire palettes just fine, so there must be something else going on with this bug.

Please file a bug report with the blueprint, save game, and logs so the devs can track down the issue and fix it.

Vermillion likes this.
  12. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

I already did a bug report before of this same issue, and is not related with BP happens with all and ever since A10 so is not a new issue

Can you post the screenshots here of how you do that copy, just like the ones @Jorgodan did?

Or you can add them to the same bug report I did using maybe the same prefab BP I used for the bug report

Here

Impossible to select several colors on the Color Tool

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Copying a custom color palette from one structure to another.
    Use shift-left click to select all the colors like shown in the video.
    Custom colors are saved with the blueprint.

Vermillion and Kaeser like this.
  14. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

Here's my experience with the Color and Texture Tool, because if I do it with the old Color Tool I even get Pop Up error windows

Germanicus likes this.
  15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Does it do the same thing if you stand right next to it too? I find that the color tool has about a 0.25 meter range or so sometimes on applying custom colors properly.

16. Kaeser

Kaeser Rear Admiral

No, same thing no matter how or when or where, SP or Creative or in a server....

And has been like this since A10 or even earlier can't remember exactly and it's not the first time I reported the bug

Jorgodan likes this.