who´s behind "Eleon Game Studio" ?

Discussion in 'Other Discussion' started by Domo, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Domo

Domo Ensign

Ahoy da mates.

-How many people work for Eleon Game Studio?
    -Whats the average age in the EGS ?
    -Where on earth is the headquater of EGS?
    -Does one of the EGS mates worked before for Ubisoft, Electronic Arts, 2kGames or Activision-Blizzard? (If yes SHAME ON YOU, but good choise on leaving the dark side :) )
    -Pizza or Burger ?

MrWolf likes this.
  2. David Hollis

David Hollis Commander

The Eleon Game Studios main office is located just outside of Alpha Centauri. The team consists of 200 Ewoks and a Wookie keeping them furiously coding away. Every-so often, the Planet Express ship drops by with a mega-order of Salami and Space durian's that the Ewoks transform into a truly amazing dish that could be called 'pizza' but, none, save the bravest soul would dare to consume.

As for their origins?. Some say they actually created the Big Bang. And, their favourite TV show is Mr Ed. All we know s....they're called EGS!!!.

HTH :)

Zyrax, iliapugach, Sofianinho and 5 others like this.
  3. Domo

Domo Ensign

Is it true that they living on a EGG-planet?

MrWolf likes this.
  4. David Hollis

David Hollis Commander

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you :)

Zyrax, 大Dong, Astra and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sure

Sure Commander

I wouldn't be surprised if this game were some sort of Alien social experiment to test earthlings readiness for space travel... It would explain the in-human level of response to community suggestions...

6. Xentor

Xentor Captain

I can not asnther all of your question, (would prefer the Devs would do it themselfes) but I try as good I can:
    1.: my last informations were that the Team consists outof 5 (real emplyed) people.
    If you count the Prereleasetesters and conctentcreators (who work not real for them as job and for money) it is more
    2.: I know not sorry.
    3.: They sit in Germany
    4.: I know not sorry.
    5.: I likePizza :)

MrWolf likes this.
  7. David Hollis

David Hollis Commander

Yup, it does make you wonder, especially when the words PRE-alpha spring to mind...

MrWolf likes this.
  8. MrWolf

MrWolf Ensign

9. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Its Luke ! And may the force be with him !

And right now he is visiting the Dagobah system getting advise from yoda !

10. The_Director

The_Director Commander

How many work on EMP: 5 (payed, several more on the MA group, and ofc several forum moderators/admins)

Ages unknown, some might say none of your business (old) others would say younger than you old man (young and dumb)

EMPs offices are located in Germany, however some devs are around the globe, such as the MA group.

As far as I know, no they have no real prior gaming developers experience.

Pizza/burger: hard to say. Easy to eat.

As a side note, the game producers that you mention, in your fourth question, is unfairly asked.

11. Grunanca

Grunanca Lieutenant

Hah! And aparently no prior experience is whats needed to be worlds best!!

12. The Notorious Teabagger

The Notorious Teabagger Lieutenant

This is a quote from the "about us" page:

"We are professionals of game and/or software development where the average team member has more than 10 years of industry experience."

It sounds to me like, yes, they do in fact have Game design backgrounds, and or Software Development experience.

13. Grunanca

Grunanca Lieutenant

Whatever they are and do, they are amazing. Never have i seen a game with this potential, and never have i seen a gerne with no haters and flamers on the forums!

14. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Yes they do listen to there players/fans quite well, I used to think KEEN were a pretty good dev team, but Eleon totally blow KEEN away as a development team for a game in this genre.....
    Even better still, Empyrion is a better game and a lot more fun.

I think in 5 years from now Eleon are going to be a games development company with a pretty good track record, nothing in there past like unfinished games, there first real title looks to be an awesome success, titles from Eleon in the future, given Empyrion gets finished, I would not hesitate to purchase another of there titles.

15. Grunanca

Grunanca Lieutenant

Must admit I kinda hope it goes MMO. As a 7 years eve veteran, this game os everything I ever wanted. Just want people around to fight over it.

16. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Well they have a galaxy map, depending how its implemented with the servers in dedicated, will depend how large the universe can be, it definitely has the potential to become an MMO, have to wait and see how there server cluster idea turns out, I wouldn't expect this in alpha though.
    I expect single player will be done first, as instances can be implemented much easier and faster, from there I think they will then focus on full on multiplayer.
    There are so many features not yet implemented, it could be a while before we see multiplayer galaxy map system.

17. robberer

robberer Commander

If you look further into the Legal Disclosure, there you will find a name of the person who is responsible for EGS. Back in 1987 there was a guy with the same name who programmed "City Defence" . If this is the same person then, indeed, they have experience.

http://www.lemonamiga.com/?game_id=263

And guess what theme this game is all about. Space Invaders and Eleons (perhaps you have to be german to understand this kind of a joke) ;-)

http://amr.abime.net/review_19713

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  18. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

19. Mac

Mac Commander

Wow, the "Mighty A1200". Man, I'm not sure how to feel. Young because that was old when I was young, or old because I know what it was. Yeouch. >.<

20. HeadHunter

HeadHunter Commander

I still sort of miss my Amiga. For its time it was a fantastic computer, especially for gaming!