Why ?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Corax, Mar 18, 2022.

Tags:
?

Are you for thé Wipe ?

1. Yes !

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No ....

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Corax

Corax Ensign

Hello, I would like to address this message to the developers of Empyrion, indeed since I have the game, it happens that there are updates which is normal, on the other hand these updates are systematically accompanied by Wip ( reset ), is there a reason for this? Thank you

2. Greystar

Greystar Ensign

If you are talking about Servers Hosted by Eleon, it's to make sure everything is working properly when new content is released. If you are talking about other servers, the same thing can apply. Your question is very vague.

zaphodikus likes this.
  3. Insopor

Insopor Commander

Wipes occur in these sorts of game (anything with random/procedural generation) because once you start a save/system/server, it generates all the stuff in the game, pulling from the latest data that build of the game is on. When it updates, the game has new data to use for generation. That might be new weapons, terrain, planet configs, POIs or enemy ships, etc. If the stuff isn't regenerated from scratch, you get a mix of old and new configs, which can break a ton of stuff easy.

Minecraft does it where you have to go to new chunks you've not visited before in order to see newly added stuff. I think this game works if you go to new playfields such as planets, systems, etc that you haven't visited will generate the new features after an update. So unless they completely rebalance something, you should be able to keep playing you current save (at the risk of possible conflicts).

However, for servers. A good example is the US Official which I play on. There are fifty systems on that server. I've been to all of them. I've visited most planets and moons on the whole server. Meaning if they add something new, it won't regenerate and no one will see it at all.

That's why.

Germanicus likes this.