Wipe playerfield without removing bases?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matrix | Edu, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Matrix | Edu

Matrix | Edu Ensign

It is possible to wipe the planet without removing the bases of the players?

I have a server and would like to set the PVP planets for daily cleaning without removal of bases. I make wipe weekly in PVE planets through scheduled tasks of windows deleting the directory playfield but I believe there must be some specific file that I can delete or edit to restore voxel and source of ores

It would be possible?
    Sorry for my bad English

2. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

I doubt this would work for a couple reasons. A I haven't seen any other servers doing it and B if my base has any underground portions it will get willed in when you reset the voxels. But I am not running a server so I could very well be wrong on this

3. =TCR= Big_Red

=TCR= Big_Red Rear Admiral

I think if the server admins saved the old files they can restore the players stuff. May need players ID.

4. Darryl smith

Darryl smith Commander

They can restore the players base but as I said the underground parts will be filled in with dirt again and the players will have to mine out their base to get access to any underground parts. Might not make them very happy depending on what's down there

5. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

Wiping a planet's resources, drones, and deco/terrain is very easy. Resetting POI's is the hard part.

Go into the playfield folder and delete all of the area files, deco.dat, drones.dat, and world.dat.

It's the ents.dat file that contains the player-made base/sv/cv/hv information, and the actual files in the shared folder.

So because you can't delete the ents file, resetting the POI's requires you to manually load the playfield, set the faction of each POI to alien, then reset the base itself (delete from shared folder) then if the POI is offline, switch it back to player, turn it on, switch back to alien, done.

=TCR= Big_Red likes this.
  6. Matrix | Edu

Matrix | Edu Ensign

Excellent!
    I'll try
    Thank you!

7. Cavadus

Cavadus Commander

There's one hitch in that. If any of your players have attached a core to POI and control it then when you reset the POIs that player will still own that freshly respawned POI.

Except now it's got guns and doesn't require any fuel or ammo.

8. stimdealer0001

stimdealer0001 Captain

So I received some PM's about the POI reset process I use. It does take into account players putting in their own core to change the POI to their own. You have to (in game on that playfield) bring up the console and do a "faction entity Aln <ent id>" to reset the POI to alien after you reset the POI file in /shared.

I'll put a detailed write-up of my POI reset method on a new thread.