With the new COPPA?

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by xerxes86, Nov 19, 2019.

1. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

I would to know what this game is rated. Such as, is it rated "teen," 5 year olds and up? What exactly is it rated. With the new COPPA rules taking affect it matters.

2. sillyrobot

sillyrobot Captain

Aren't most multiplayer games rated Mature because no one can control what the other players do?

3. This game features blood, and according to ESRB ratings, it would be at least rated T for teen.
    If it shows blood this is the minimum rating.
    "Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language."

Since the age defined for teens is 13 and up, and COPPA applies to under 13 (kids), there isn't an issue here. This game isn't for kids according to that rating so don't upload videos to a channel marked for kids under the new rules.

The developers haven't given it an official rating as far as I can tell, likely because it's incomplete still and that rating might change.
    At the very least though, in it's current state, it has to be T (teens) minimum.

4. xerxes86

xerxes86 Commander

Thanks guys, this is a very scary situation. Marked my channel as "Not for kids" but from what I have been hearing that doesn't matter. It's up to some bureaucrat at the FTC.

Thundercraft likes this.