Fixed Workshop scenarios with sectors + galaxy cannot be started coop [7823]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by ravien_ff, Feb 19, 2021.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Build: 3266
    Mode: Coop
    Mode: Survival

SERVER NAME: NA
    SEED-ID: Any

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Coop

Summary: If using a workshop version of a scenario that uses both a galaxy config and sectors file, the game will not start in coop.

Description:
    If a scenario has both a galaxyconfig.ecf file and a sectors.yaml file, AND has been uploaded to the Steam workshop, you cannot load it as a coop game. Attempting to load it will enter into an endless loading screen on the client and you'll have to exit the client.

Loading the same workshop scenario as single player will work.
    Loading a non-workshop version of the scenario in coop will work.
    But uploading the scenario to the workshop, and then trying to start a new coop game using that scenario will cause the issue.

Steps to Reproduce:
    I created a test scenario that contains just the bare minimum (sectors, galaxy, randompresets, gameoptions, etc). Uses no custom configs or playfields, all are copied from the default game.

Unzip the attached scenario and try loading it in coop without uploading it to the workshop. Should work fine.
    Now exit Empyrion and the coop server, then go back into Empyrion and upload it to the workshop.
    Exit Empyrion, then go back into Empyrion and attempt to start a new coop game using the scenario you just uploaded to the workshop. The client will get stuck in an infinite loading screen.

Also can try:
    Subscribe to the test scenario link below on the workshop and try starting a coop game with that:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2400441199
    (I could not test subscribing to a scenario but have reports of players having coop issues in my scenario).

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    Logs attached in a zip file. Sorry they aren't very organized, I just grabbed the last few logs.
    Test scenario TEST Coop Sectors Local attached.

Attached Files:

2. Pantera

Pantera Administrator Staff Member

• Developer
    This should be ok now as of v1.4.3 B3274.

ravien_ff and Germanicus like this.