Would it not be funny if Talon turned out to have been the bad guys?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samoja, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Samoja

Samoja Commander

I am just watching the video on Rakata from SW, and i can't help but notice the uncanny similarity between them and Talon, and i got to thinking, would it not be terribly interesting if we were to find out that Zirax arose as a rebellion towards the Talon, who at the time were a brutal oppressive empire.

I think we all kinda favor the Talon, and kinda hate the Zirax(no wonder since they are hostile from the start) but could it be that Zirax are only so hostile because humans arrived into their galaxy with a fleet which was built by reverse engineering old Talon vessel. Who knows, maybe Zirax thought they were being invaded by the remnants of the old Talon empire(we know Talon went all the way to milky way so who knows how far they traveled).

I mean if an armed fleet showed up in your country's waters painted in all read and waving NAZI swastikas would your nation not freak out? They would probably not just open fire without asking questions but you can be sure they would be pointing their big guns on that fleet before they started asking questions.

Now of course Zirax are extremely xenophobic and aggressive, but civilizations rarely get that way in a vacuum, there is usually some underlying cause for a civilization to want to control everything around them. Even Rome was perfectly happy being just another small Italian city state until they got invaded sacked by maurading Gauls, and it was that invasion that drove their later conquest of Gaul, because even centuries later Romans were still afraid of the Gauls and being invaded again.

2. scapino

scapino Ensign

From what I gather, the Zirax evolved from the Talon.

3. Samoja

Samoja Commander

Perhaps in the same way France evolved from Roman Empire, a former colony/province that broke free when their overlords began breaking at the seems, need not be populated by the same people that founded the empire but if it was part of that empire for some time there would naturally be flow in either direction(with separate species it would be a bit different, since no interbreeding could occur but surely there would still be intellectual cross pollination).

4. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

From what I can tell from the recently revealed lore...

The Talons fostered the Zirax when they were first venturing into space.
    Zirax ships were originally Talon space craft.

For some reason the Talons seem to have "retired" to a simpler lifestyle for some reason. That reason may be connected to The Legacy.

What prompted this shift in Talon society? Is it really a shift or are the primitive surface-dwelling Talon reflective of their civilian populace and not their military forces? These and many other questions may be answered as the Lore expands, or we'll end up making up our own explanations.

5. bluemax151

bluemax151 Captain

The current Talon quest chain indicates they are not native to this area of space and that when they arrived they "uplifted" the Zirax. It also infers they were fleeing from the Legacy. I don't recall anything specific regarding their apparent Technological regression but if they're essentially refugees and the Zirax desire complete control of their sector of space it would make sense for them to limit Talon autonomy.

It wouldn't make sense for them to be the "villians" unless they have unleashed the Legacy in some fashion. Whether by design or accident.