Zaganon Asteroid Field - A Custom Playfeild w/ Custom Asteroids

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Javarox87, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

The Zaganon Field
    -------------------------

Bored with single resource asteroids and that empty feeling of space? This may be to answer for your scenario, server, or CooP game.

Zaganon is live on Transcendence server and in this package are the prefabs, yaml, and readme file to set it all up.

This package includes:

Zaganon Prime = Admin Station inside a giant Asteroid in the center of the field
    Zaganon Remnants = Multi Resource Asteroids scattered in the playfeild
    POIs = The XenuFortress P1 placed on & in a space asteroid and adapted for space for one epic battle
    Patrol Ships = The unforgiving Galor Battle Cruiser orbits the outside of the field ready to tear an armada of
    player ships to shreds. There is also Raven_FF's Iron freighter and a smaller custom vessel.
    "Asteroids" = Alien POIs disguised as normal Asteroids - adapted from Raven_FF's Eden base test.
    ZiraxSats = A stock Alien satellite with some edits that await players to who think they found a jackpot.
    Stock Asteroids = Dozens upon dozens of asteroids all over the field of all resource types.
    Player Rocks = Asteroids that do not regenerate with a player core so anyone can build a custom base on it.

Prerequisites :
    Knowledge of adding a playfield to your contents folder and adding the prefabs. Also editing the sector yaml.
    Your PVE anti-grief settings will need to be disabled for the multi-resource asteroids to be mined by players. Otherwise they are just decoration.
    Plenty of Ram - This playfied will use 2gbs-3gbs from the get go. It has been performance tested and is stable for gameplay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Known Issues:
    1. (MP only) If 2+ players mine the Zaganon Super Remnant with CV's at the same time, especially the same resource on the that asteroid at the same time... they will have significant FPS drops, on lower end systems this situation disconnected that player. Just comment out the Super Remnant from the Yaml if this is a concern.
    2. The debug "Show Airtight Blocks" when used on ZaganonPrime station will crash the game. Do not use the "N" window debug options on this station. This structure is not meant for major edits.

3. ZaganonPrime Station upper level sometimes does not render for players with high pings in MP.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enjoy! My contact info is in the readme file for issues, criticism, and support getting it set up.
    Credit to Raven_FF and his awesome guide which you'll need to read to make your stuff like Zaganon.

ZaganonMultiRoid.png ZaganonRemnant ( 1 of 6 variations) - this one contains 3 different resources

ZaganonPrime.png ZaganonPrime Station - It is absolutely massive and SV's can fly inside the asteroid to access the stations amenities.

ZaganonPromMagGold.png ZaganonCoreRemnant: Made mostly of Promethium with traces of Gold & Magnesium.

ZaganonStationInside.png
    The Center of ZaganonPrime

ZaganonSuper.png
    Zaganon Super Remnant - Its guarded by 2 POIs and contains almost every resource.

ZagFortress.png
    The ZaganonFortress (1 of 2) vs a Class 2 CV.

Attached Files:

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Wow, this looks amazing! Space content is something that we really need more of.

Needleship, TK85 and Javarox87 like this.
  3. Monroe

Monroe Commander

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

I have never used the workshop for any of my content. I’m the yaml guy for Transcendence and that is the home for it all. I also rarely create something like this that is meant to be shared with the community from the start and not just for the server. It’s not a bad for this playfield.

ravien_ff likes this.
  5. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Hey Ravien, since I am here, I wanted to do a few more Smuggler's bases, but:

20190612185531_1.jpg

Any chance you could work your magic for some of the basic asteroids? Or will it turn dark once loaded by the playfield? Sorry if my knowledge is a bit behind the times. :)

Javarox87 likes this.
  6. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Sadly there is no way to change the appearance of the textures used in space. You're stuck with the generic rock and ore textures or you'll have to build it out of concrete. :(

Fractalite likes this.
  7. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Dang it - Any way to turn the asteroids in the background into BP's?

Also, sorry - meant to post these in Ravien's custom asteroid/terrain/cave thread. My bad. Was excited and eating pizza. :)

ravien_ff likes this.
  8. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I haven't tried! One thing that might be a problem is I think the entire asteroid ring/field is counted as a single "thing" so even if you could convert it into a base blueprint, I'm not sure if the game could handle it.

Guess we'll need to experiment.. FOR SCIENCE!

Ephoie and Fractalite like this.
  9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

HAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes! Go forth and experiment! I eagerly await your findings. In the meantime I will go make scary things.

10. RazzleWin

RazzleWin Rear Admiral

And Fractal_Ravien was born! :cool: What will these two master minds create next? :eek: Dare we dream? :eek:

Sorry guys @Fractalite and @ravien_ff couldn't help myself :D

Javarox87, Fractalite and ravien_ff like this.
  11. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Better than Ravienite! :D

RazzleWin and Fractalite like this.
  12. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

Note for A10.
    If antigreif is enabled on your server...
    Please add the line
    “LandClaimDevice: True” to the yaml.

13. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I haven't been able to get this to work on space_dynamic.yaml when I tried previously.

14. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

It has to be a playfield.yaml to work. After you run the dynamic through the SSG into a playfield.yaml you can add the line.

Zaganon (the file provided here) is a straight up playfield.yaml

ravien_ff likes this.
  15. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Hmmm okay. I'll have to submit a bug report on this then. :D Thank you!

16. Javarox87

Javarox87 Captain

We have all of the orbits on Transcendence setup to use the Landclaim device.

Will get an example posted when my current obligations permit.

ravien_ff likes this.
  17. Fenra369

Fenra369 Commander

This looks really cool :) might use for ZeroG's server

Javarox87 likes this.