[ZeroG] Challenge Build 01 (SV) Fighter ~Completed~

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jenniphurr, Feb 9, 2018.

1. T431

T431 Captain

Your ships seems to have fine maneuvrability.
    Personally I wouldn't want my ships to be TOO fast, or else it's a pain to park, constantly crashing into things when you try to make a small adjustment.

My ships don't tend to be very agile probably because I try to keep down the level requirement, resulting in my hardly ever using the large jet engines.

2. Tyrax Lightning

Tyrax Lightning Rear Admiral

I hear ya. I too have trouble handling heavy duty speed... my RL Reflexes & Hand-Eye Coordination are too weak.

As for the lack of larger Jet Thrusters, I hear they are kinda fail on the "Bang for Buck Ratio" anyway & only the smallest ones, the 1x3x1, is actually good. In terms of good performance I think the only viable Bang for Buck Thrusters right now is the afore-mentioned, & the Thrusters-M.

For the Topic: I still don't see myself on the List... was my Entry Submission Method Invalid? Honestly i'm tempted to Concede Defeat & bow out of this Challenge anyway... :(

3. dpburke2

dpburke2 Captain

I have never hit 64m/s^2 in all vectors for a SV. Best I have done is 55. Of course, my entry for this challenge fell far short of that.

Initially I would have agreed with you, but then I learned to handle my own beast. After that I started crashing with my other, less powered SV. I had gotten spoiled with the sharp stopping power of my beast. So I was crashing because they didn't stop as fast as I had gotten used to.

4. Mana_Sean

Mana_Sean Commander

5. StyxAnnihilator

StyxAnnihilator Captain

BTW:
    Is this challenge a "What fighter do you least want to meet in a fight"?
    Or a "Mr/Miss Fighter"?
    :rolleyes:

Tyrax Lightning and Jenniphurr like this.
  6. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

Unfortunately this exceeds the max size allowed for this challenge. If you are able to modify this, we would love to add this to the submissions. Thank you!

Max BP size (blocks): W=13 H=6 L=17

7. Macbrea

Macbrea Commander

A large thruster is really a shield more then a thrust to weight ratio. The goal is to protect the valuable components for at least 1 hit.

The real issue with SVs is they are good for SV on SV combat. But as soon as you go after a POI, CV or BA. You can be alpha stuck and killed before you can react.

8. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Wow! I have been working on some other designs and I come back and these two just leapt off the page! Beautiful builds!

9. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Whoa! Another one! Nice!

****, I gotta stop, I have things to do... rawr!

10. Romulas

Romulas Ensign

Hicks42, Trig, Theurgist and 7 others like this.
  11. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

I don't have this problem. I have never taken catastrophic damage in an opening salvo, even when I didn't know how build a fairly durable ship in this game. Is it possible you have some kind of lag, latency or gpu? Not trying to dis your box boss, just curious and trying to be helpful.

While I understand the pain, literally occasionally blowing out a landing strut or some bit braking off, the reason I don't get blown up is with 42m/s^2 in 6 vectors of maneuverability. Except for the Flubber Lasers, it is fairly easy to dodge incoming fire.

I wasn't dissing Timo's build you understand. Just pointing out a disparity in opinions. ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
  12. Haro

Haro Commander

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  13. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

So I have been working on the forcefield-joined A-sym idea. It has been a grueling, obnoxious grind that has seen me sacrifice speed, maneuverability, and even use a cockpit I despise, but! I did finally finish.

Avert your eyes!

Introducing, Hades.

20180219161538_1.jpg
    20180219161550_1.jpg 20180219161558_1.jpg 20180219161608_1.jpg 20180219161611_1.jpg 20180219161631_1.jpg

Could this be the sexiest ship in existence with just a touch larger challenge parameters, yup! Could you technically take this ship and fly from planet to planet mining and looting; sure, sure. Would you want to? :p

Steam link:
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307335024

I made a "B" variant that is more compact and focused, but I could not get the cockpit situation to work like I wanted:

20180219161637_1.jpg

BP is attached if anyone wants to play with it.

Attached Files:

Trig, Theurgist, Haro and 14 others like this.
  14. Kieve

Kieve Rear Admiral

I like the little wing/arms on the lower front, kinda remind me of mandibles on some giant bug.
    Think I might've said this in relation to the original Pharos Crescent, but the wings and hull make me think of the Shard chassis. Then again, I guess anything would if it was using those long ramp corners as forward/backward pointy bits. Either way, not a bad thing at all, really like the design.

The rings on the side are extremely cool, and I love the fact that you've managed to squeeze a functional interior into something that small.
    . . .
    [​IMG]

15. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Yeah, I know I know! It makes me want to hairball too. :( Still, sacrifices had to be made. :oops:

Kieve, Friendly Timo, Hicks42 and 2 others like this.
  16. Jenniphurr

Jenniphurr Captain

I don't know if I have showed my contribution to the challenge yet. Here ya go! Also not uploaded yet couple of refinements needed still.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cleff, Hicks42, Whoom and 12 others like this.
  17. Hicks42

Hicks42 Rear Admiral

So. And mind you this isn't an entry but it is derived from one. I Give you the Lemur Heavy Assault fighter Field revision 5 the ' Rex Julian '
    [​IMG]

Barely lost any delta V but gained a whole bunch of protection from the sides and back. Lost 2 cargo boxes and converted the inner blocks to small hull for weight savings. still pulls 36m/s^2 on Omicron but should take a Lot more punishment. Can't wait to get shot up in it.

18. lochigg

lochigg Commander

Here is my contribution ... BumbleBee

Bee_5.jpg

It's a small warp fighter thats unlocks at level 12.

It features 3 cargo boxes, 2 ammo boxes, 2 generators with 4 fuel tanks, warp drive for distances up to 15 AU, 2 fridges and one constructor. In the cockpit you have a panorama view meaning you can look in all directions except backwards.

The ship has an presence detection. That means if you are near the ship, all shutter doors are opened and the thrusters are turned off (except you sit in the pilot seat).

Bee_1.jpg Bee_6.jpg Bee_3.jpg Bee_8.jpg Bee_9.jpg

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307818541

19. Amfidamant

Amfidamant Lieutenant

Hey everyone,

I thought what a better way to introduce myself, than to post my entry to the challenge.

I present to you the Bautang - a small warp-capable interceptor that (theoretically) can tickle enemies until your friends with big ships arrive
    20180220165632_1.jpg

I think the asymmetric design coupled with the tiny pad makes it look weird in the screenshot. You can get it from workshop here -

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307829567

I haven't spent that much time building ships in Empyrion yet, and some of your creations are awe-inspiring; I'm not entirely sure if I didn't miss some important part in this ship, but I think I met the requirements; If anyone has any criticism or ways to improve it - let me know!

Thanks!

20. Fractalite

Fractalite Rear Admiral

Cool design!