[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Sounds good, but let me think about how to implement this first. :)
    I don't want you to do any work, and then i don't know how to implement.

I'm working on an experimental branch to fix the scrollbar issue once and for all. But to do so, i have to rebuild and rethink a lot of internal code. As soon as this issue is resolved, i can concentrate on implementing mechanisms to show screens/previews (maybe in the tooltips, as otherwise it would take up too much space in the editor, i guess)

Maybe you could take only two screenshots to demonstate how it could look. :)

Thank you for your effort.

/jmc

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

ah its in space vessels :) thought that was only for the freighters and that flying drone cv thing

3. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hey,

Got some problem with the random seed generator. I just pressed a couple of times the button to get a planet
    Just to try it out i didnt change anything and coppyed the playfield to the akua map at my test server.

It wont load my game :(

Log says :

24-18:09:41.675 21_09 -EXC- System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    at Assembly-CSharp.GroupFactory.CloneBitmap (Assembly-CSharp.RegistryDesigner , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.PaneTree.DisconnectTemplate (Assembly-CSharp.RegistryDesigner ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.AssemblyLoader.PrintDialog (Assembly-CSharp.FileCollection , System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.ActivatorScope.DetachEditor (Assembly-CSharp.DirectoryOptions , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.FileCollection.AttachStub (System.String , UInt64 , Assembly-CSharp.ToolbarStream , Boolean ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.OutlineAttribute.ListNode (Assembly-CSharp.LineList ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at Assembly-CSharp.StoreToken.Exit () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Are there things i should change when i generate a planet with random things? Cause earlyer i did change stuff to how i wanted it and i got the exact same error.

4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

please send me your playfield and i'll have a look, if i can find anything.

But bear in mind that the randomgenerator is not yet very "smart". :D I did implement some basic automatic checks/fixes after generating to sort out some issues that may happen in the process, but it's very likely that it still produces unstartable results.

Edit: and the changes in 6.0 didn't make it any better. :D

Thx.

/jmc

5. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Thank u :)

Attached Files:

6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Yeah, it's the 6.0 features. Didn't really check for that yet. :D

The only critical issue that won't let you start, is under Drone Base Setup / RandomDroneBase / Random PLanet Vessel Base:
    The BaseType was a randomized string, needs to be "PlanetVesselBase" or some other options, i don't remember at the moment. :D
    And if a Random Planet Vessel Base is selected in the dropdown, you also have to set at least one planet vessel.

upload_2017-4-24_21-58-13.png

There are still a lot of other issues as well (mainly 6.0):
    - effect or weather (drop down) is not set correctly to the according effects. (e.g. "Clouds" is set as effect, although it's weather, won't work)
    - Under Effect Bird flocks (Bats), no biome was selected
    - The random drone base is a servant. Interesting. :D
    - "EGWTradingOutpost" is one of your own. I don't have that. :)

But those simply don't work in game and thus won't show. No big deal.

But as i said, random is still very random and far from perfect. :D
    It's not on my priority list, but it's noted on my todo.

Enclosed the fixed playfield. Ain't pretty but it starts. :D

Thx for your feedback. appreciate it.

/jmc

Attached Files:

Taelyn likes this.
  7. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Ty for checking :). Then i know to what fields i should pay some attention after makeing a random planet :)

jmcburn likes this.
  8. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.23.0)

upload_2017-4-25_19-21-4.png

CHANGES:

• added 'Reload in Game' Button to reload playfield LIVE in game, while editing.
    Usage:
    1. Most importantly: If you want to use the feature, you have to start Empyrion without EAC, that means by starting empyrion.exe directly from folder. Otherwise the Mod won't work and neither will 'reload'.
    2. start a new game or resume one in empyrion.
    3. Hit 'Alt+Enter' to switch empyrion to windowed mode to easily switch between applications.
    4. Start EPD
    5. open the playfield you are currently playing in EPD from the templates folder in the SAVEGAMES folder via the 'Import Playfield' button:
      e.g. \Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Games\NewGame_25\Templates\Akua\
    6. change whatever you want in the playfield
    7. click 'Save...' or press 'Ctrl+S' and then click 'Reload Playfield in Game' or press 'Ctrl+R'
    8. watch empyrion reload playfield in seconds.
    • Support For Alpha 6.0 Part IV
    • added Keyboard shortcuts 'Ctrl+S' to save and 'Ctrl+R' to reload live in game
    • readded Temperature Day to Space playfields to control space temperature
    • added auto install of EmpyrionNetWorkRelayMod on start of EPD
    • changed RandomResources Depth to allow negative values to support RandomResources on bedrock planets with indestructible terrain.
    • removed 'unique' from AsteroidResources to allow for same ore type to drop always and on threshold at the same time.
    • removed overwrite warning on playfield save as EPD autogenerates backups anyway on every save.
    • tweaked some min/max values
    FIXES:
    • fixed: Instance checkboxes like Drop Inventory' did not save to playfield.

Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0VnhYcko1bVNtdGc/view?usp=sharing

As always, watch out for bugs and give me feedback. ;)

/jmc

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
  9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

RexXxuS and Taelyn like this.
  10. PsychoFad

PsychoFad Ensign

Does this reload feature also work if you are still using Empyrion 5.5.1 or does it rely on the new feature just added to 6.0 part IV?

11. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

only 6.0

12. PsychoFad

PsychoFad Ensign

I figured as much, but the hope was there :p

13. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

Hi So i just downloaded this and say that in the biome section the are different ones that i havent seen in the standard file before things like River. Where do those come from and is it ok to use them?

14. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

I think, you mean the new Xml Terrains. According to the devs, those should work mostly as expected. I already tested "[Xml] River", and it looked fine.

You will have to play around with "sea level" though to see water in the "rivers".

There may be still be some graphical glitches in the water or in the terrain (like missing or strange looking blocks), but only if you use the live playfield reload function.

Edit: They only work in Alpha 6.0 Part III or higher!

/jmc

15. Rogue55x

Rogue55x Ensign

Ya i have been playing around with then and you definitely need to play with sea level, Thanks for the quick response

16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.25.0) Experimental

upload_2017-4-29_22-26-20.png

CHANGES:

• added first version of playfield browser
    • added Copy & Paste to all ListBoxes. Now you can copy one item to the same list or even to the another playfield.

Example: Open a playfield, select one or even multiple Biomes with Ctrl-Click or Shift-Click, open another playfield, paste into Biomes List.
      The only drawback is (for now), that for pasting at least one object has to be in the target list, as you will have to select a ListItem before pasting is possible. Reason: EPD needs to know, in which list you want to paste into.
    • added Temperature and Radiation to Biomes
    • refined UI a bit to look a little bit more elegant imo.
    • added 'Description' to Space playfields
    • reemoved 'Sun' playfield type, as it's no longer supported
    • removed some properties you shouldn't/couldn't change because they are not useful or crash the game when loading. RealRadius, ScaledRadius, DayLength, ...
    • by default, when switching to Moon playfield, 'AtmosphereEnabled' is turned off now, so that you get that black empty space sky on moon instead of the default blue one with haze.
    • added MainGameFolder Browser into OptionsDialog to make Gamepath changeable while in EPD.
    FIXES:
    • Scrollbars should now hopefully be fixed for good. Third attempt though. We'll see. :D
    • fixed: when switching from weather to effect, adding a new biome into the empty biome list did not work.
    • fixed: RestrictToOrigin in Instance Data could never be set to 0, because zeros won't be written to yaml by default. 0 is the default origin though, so restricting to Origin 0 did not work until now.

Be aware that this is an experimental version and the main UI Parser code underwent massive changes. Bugs are likely to arise. :D

Please test especially, if some features, that worked before in 1.23.1, are broken now. That would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0UFh5YlJyd3ZRVEk/view?usp=sharing

/jmc

Taelyn and RexXxuS like this.
  17. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hey,

Found a bug in the Description. With your tool it gets Description: 'blablabla'

Should be Description: "blablaba"

withoud " marks the \n doenst work

18. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for the feedback.
    It shouldn't be necessary to fiddle with "\n" anymore.

just place an 'Enter' where you need it, it will be taken care of in the yaml.

The correct newline characters and "", if necessary for Yaml, are automatically added.
    Best advice: if you edit an existing playfield simply replace all \n with enter on corresponding places and it should work.

That's the way it should look like. Works for me so far. Please test and let me know.

upload_2017-4-30_8-0-8.png

20170430080136_1.jpg

/jmc

Taelyn likes this.
  19. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

ye works indeed :) ty didnt know about that :D

jmcburn likes this.
  20. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Hey,

with the new UI would be nice to get some reload button again for the playfield maps.
    Made a world saved it in a new map and it wont show up in the list unless i close program
    or go to options and just press Oke so it scanns the map again

Also found a drop.

The Always drop Asteroids get in the tool set back to the Threshold ones after a save or load of playfield

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.