Help needed 1.9 Seeds

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Murkalael, Mar 6, 2023.

1. Murkalael

Murkalael Lieutenant

While trying to solve an issue with sensors (my fault, not the game), I stumbled on to something. I always generate random seeds to make gameplay experience better. But since I was away from the game for a while, I noticed that even different seeds gives the same landscape layout with same territory division. Like I usually like to start on Skillion but I tested at least 3 different seeds and they at least seemed all the same, with the Opportunity base right close to Pirate territory, POIs on same spots, and so on. Am I doing something wrong?
    Is worth to mention, every time I start a new game, I always backup and delete the save and cache folders.

2. Insopor

Insopor Commander

I could be wrong, but I think starter planets are always a static seed, so no matter what seed you go with, it only affects the rest of the galaxy; those ones always stay the same.

3. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Yep. The starter playfields in the default scenario are all set up with their own playfield seed built into the playfield files.
    This means the starter playfields will always be the exact same from one global seed to another.
    You have to explore outside the starter area to experience the true random generation.
    This is done on purpose so the devs can guarantee that the starter playflields ALWAYS generate all the correct POIs and such.

If the devs allowed starters to use the random generation, as they did in the past, there will be random seeds here and there where things don't generate correctly and you are missing important POIs and such for story missions.
    We know this because we experienced it off and on in the past.

This avoids all that.
    Unfortunately the tradeoff is that the starters become super repetitive and boring if you restart often.
    Hopefully they eventually fix the issues with the random generation that cause missing POIs, because it really is better with random generation for replay value.

4. Escarli

Escarli Rear Admiral

Just more reason to get out of dodge sooner rather than later :)