A couple of questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SnowmanDK, Mar 22, 2024.

1. SnowmanDK

SnowmanDK Ensign

To start out... I have played the game for more than 1300 hours.
    I have just got myself a new Super Ultra Wide monitor (5120x1440) to fit the rest of my new build.
    As I have an AMD gfx card, I wanted/needed to use FSR.
    WHY does it look HORRIBLE? It's very blurry and flickering? It's almost as if Empyrion only lowers the resolution, and ignores the upscaling part. I can see (searching on Google) that just about EVERYONE have that issue, ALSO with DLSS... Reddit Reference: https://www.reddit.com/r/empyrionga...and_fsr_just_lower_the_resolution_instead_of/
    Another question: Am I the only one having issues with the mouse invisibly moving around on the screen ingame and accidently clicks on action bar items and so on? It actually killed me ingame more than once, when the mouse grabbed an item in my action bar and dragged that around on the screen. Sometimes I can't use a tool, as the mouse apparently is hovering over a tip. I SUSPECT it has something to do with playing in that high resolution, as I never had the issue on my old 1920x1080 monitor.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

FSR should only be used at 4k resolution. I am not sure why it's like that in Empyrion.

For the mouse, do you have a controller plugged in?

3. SnowmanDK

SnowmanDK Ensign

That's just strange, yes. It works in all the other games I have, although they use FSR2/FSR3.
    No controller shall ever touch my pc ;)