A12 EXP - PDA rework (UPDATE REQUIRED!!)

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Hummel-o-War, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    IMPORTANT: You NEED to update your PDA with Alpha 12.

It might not entirely work anymore or even break partially otherwise!

Changes/Additions
    • Support multi ChapterActivation parameters
    • ChapterActivation-started chapters can now be "insert-chapters" that suspend a currently active chapter which will be auto-resumed later
    • Removed PDA bottom popup message display time shortening when a menu window gets opened
    • Message box ("mbox") now also allows ENTER to be pressed instead of clicking on "Let's Go"
    • NearUnit is now also a reversible state action
    • Action's "Guiding: "TempIndoor" or "Destination" is now optional and automatically active (just configure Guiding- and TriggerDistance accordingly, use a GuidingDistance of zero to have no visible guiding)
    • Added PDA msg type "dlg" to start a dialog via the DialogSystem and evaluate the chosen option
    • ChapterActivation now respects Activatable restriction, displays message on fail
    • Chapters with ChapterActivation configured auto-include 'WhenChecked' as Activatable restriction
    • All "Check"s (like used in a task's actions) can be used for chapter activation
    • "Visibility" is again only used for determining visibility of a chapter in the PDA window (value "ChapterActivation" has been removed, some new added)
    • Inside ChapterActivation, "ListVisibility" has been removed, please set Visibility accordingly
    • Added: PDA Check "DialogOption":
      • * now uses new numeric parameter Value instead of Amount as using Amount is displayed in HUD
      • * instead of "Amount" specify "Value: <option>" with <option> = 1 for 1st answer etc.
    • PDA InventoryOp:
      • syntax changed to "InventoryOp: ItemName#count[#meta][#max]" (same for add and remove ops, max not used with remove)
      • in add operations 'max' is compared against player items with the correct meta value if specified
    • Added functionality to use optional meta (Token) values for Rewards and InventoryOps
    • Add new action WaitAction
    • Adjust format for InventoryOp to fix issue with multiple item types

2. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Known Issues

-tba-

3. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Questions and Answers

-tba-

4. SifVerT

SifVerT Commander

Hi @Hummel-o-War, you ok?

How do you achieve this? Negative TriggerDistance value?

I've noticed that ChapterActivation will always fire even if player has already completed the mission. Is it possible to somehow restrict this with the current PDA mechanics? This is true even if you set RepeatConditions.

5. Cpt_Beefheart

Cpt_Beefheart Captain

I tried to do one of the PDA solo mission things involving the 3 pieces of the crashed Titan. However, it became severely annoying having to clear every single line of dialogue between myself and the 'IDA'. A truly ridiculous amount of that was required and I will not be trying one of those again unless reworked. Perhaps at least make the dialogue auto clear after a reasonable time any child would take to read it. That would help a lot, so much that I will refrain from critiquing the actual 'content' I had to get through.

6. philigusforgotPW

philigusforgotPW Ensign

How do I write a PDA for a Randomly Generated Galaxy?

I am attempting to write PDA missions with the improved functionality of the PDA tool that used to be an unintelligible series of floating bubbles but is now not that. Improvements are much appreciated. Thank you.

---> Here is what I think I need <---

I need #green lines of explanation of what these functions are and what they do.
    I need #green lines of explanation in the csv doc that is the secret majesty to unlocking the power of making these PDAs.

-I need 'targets' to be more universal. I am using the word target as I do not yet know what the correct vernacular is. Previously PDA missions could be easily tied to a named planet or named orbit.

I need changing playfields PDA tags to not require the name of the sector or the planet. merely the type of playfield.. could open the sun to pda inclusion.

-There is no more "find Planet X and Land at POI X and retrieve X".
    -How do I Do this in a Random Galaxy?

There is no way in a random galaxy to make sure that a planet named planet X is spawned and has all the credentials required. nearunit is meaningless if you can't tell a random galaxy where to put a POI so that there is something to be near. At least let me tell the random galaxy to definitely put a POI in the galaxy. If I can put a series of POI randomly in the galaxy but they only 'light up' when near-unit but also only IN ORDER, well that is great! I'll jump 22'000 systems in search of the 7 pieces of the acrylic sword, or whatever.

-- might want some parameters attached like... only in X faction territory --need this as a button or a PDA codeword.

---> Here is what I want <---

-I want to be able to spawn Planet X and Land at POI X and retrieve X in a Randomly Generated Galaxy.
    -I want to be able to write missions in a Randomly Generated Galaxy.
    -I want them to happen In unique custom POI.
    -I want to make custom Capital Vessel POI AGAIN.
    -I want to create my own evil or good NPC faction.

I cannot do that unless you unlock Capital Vessel POI. We used to have this ability and it was taken away. Now we fight the stupidest looking tugboats ever designed.

Thank you for your consideration.

philigus.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

You can right click to advance the dialog manually.

A lot of what you want to do is possible now but it's off-topic for this specific post.

There is a PDA and a solar system creator tool here that are a big help:

https://empyriononline.com/threads/list-of-managed-mods-and-tools.92301/

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral