Alpha 9.2 Feedback - Logistic Updates and fixes

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Hummel-o-War, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    This thread is EXCLUSIVELY for discussion about Logistics - if you want to discuss the effects of volume or weight, please use one of the other feedback threads as volume/weight is STILL deactivated by default. Thx! :)

Logistics Update:

CHANGES:
    - Added Partial-Pickup from dropped stacks when not enough volume capacity to pickup full stack
    - Logistics window: Setup is retained separately for 'F' and 'F4' modes
    - Display message when trying to put something in the connected toolbar but the connected container is full
    - Do not use OUTPUT container as source for construction at the same time
    - Logistics window: Added button for direct access of the device of an assigned container
    - Logistics window: added '(C)' in front of CONNECTED container and pin to top, added '(A)' in front of ASSIGNED container and pin to top
    - Accessing a container via F does not disable dropdowns in accessible structures anymore
    - Evenly distribute weight for modular containers
    - Logistics UI: Color active button and connected container grid = visually connect logic
    - Place Decon/Furnace OFF and switch OFF if assigned container is switched

FIXES
    - Fixed: Weight of items added to a vessel container doesn't take effect until exiting & reentering the cockpit
    - Fixed: In 'F mode' selected container was displayed twice in dropdown list
    - Fixed: Not connected / assigned container names started with a blank character
    - Fixed: In Logistics window, selecting fuel or oxygen tank doesn't work
    - Fixed: Changing from player inventory window to H item menu hides toolbar
    - Fixed: Logistic: F does not remember settings when used with tanks
    - Fixed: Cannot use F with looting tanks in POIs
    - Fixed: Duplication exploit with Connected Toolbar
    - Fixed: Cannot access a private or faction oxygen and fuel tank under a password
    - Fixed: Inventory duplicate with withdrawing fuel / O2 in Logistics window

NimrodX, zztong, FiveHorse and 3 others like this.
  2. empvic

empvic Ensign

The thing that needs added most is so we can browse containers in the dropdown list by using the arrowkeys or something else!
    To use the mouse to access the dropdown list and mouse Wheel to find the next container, over and over is a Royal pain..

3. Chris Bee

Chris Bee Ensign

Please add ability to rearrange items in drop down selection for each base/vessel. There are containers that we use more often in a vehicle or base (sometimes, the rest are just decorative containers/cargos). If not, then list them alphabetically so that we can rename them and make them appear in order that we want. Retain grouping by types (fridges, cargos,etc).

ravien_ff, NimrodX, Sephrajin and 3 others like this.
  4. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    Alphabetical auto-sort is on the list (just not made it into 9.2)

ravien_ff, NimrodX, Sephrajin and 7 others like this.
  5. playlessNamer

playlessNamer Lieutenant

Autosort function would be nice for inventory and containers.
    The alphabetical auto-sort for the cargo list is allready called.

Wish:
    A drop-dropdownmenu:

Your inventory is a full mess, go to your first container, choose drop, then a menu pops up, you choose ammo and all ammo type items in your inventory is dropped in the container.
    Choose next container fridge, click drop, choose food and all food type items get dropped.

Same function between containers. I have in every game container called spamboxe right next to my entrance to vomit out my inventory. This has the advantage the items stack in there and you can sort them in higher stackamounts.

Clearing a messed up inventory and containers is a pain in many games.

6. derbershit

derbershit Ensign

Please Fix the "****" with 7500 CPU Limit on CVs. Its ok for HV and SV but for CVs to low. An idea would be to create ja new block like an Super Computer you need to build in the ship to increase the CPU Limit. That would be Nice or make CPU more Balanced and not like every type von building or Ship the same CPU.

7. Qwerzu

Qwerzu Ensign

T key (switching between tool bars) is still not working when using a personal drone. :(

NimrodX and Neurocite like this.
  8. Axemanlv

Axemanlv Ensign

this auto off function turning off constructors and furnaces if you go out of your base or ship sux... again over fixing stuff that is not broken...

Numonar likes this.
  9. Numonar

Numonar Commander

anyone noticed that you can't access Deco like kitchencounter,repository etc , happens in any base own or taken over, as soon a core is placed they aint accessible anymore.

NimrodX likes this.
  10. Zafaron

Zafaron Lieutenant

I'm not sure it's made it into the suggestions yet or not, but we could use a filter container for input and output that will work with logistics. A container/object that would direct output from production into specific different containers depending on what object was input. So you could filter raw materials/intermediate products from the finished goods. It should also work for both input and output (just not at the same time). It would be ideal if we could manually select the products to be filtered with a check box or something. This way we could chain a whole process to automate moving stuff around the logistics system to where we want it to go.

So while you can't ordinarily connect two different container controllers together, you could add a filter between the two of them and decide which things it should filter and/or evenly balance the load between multiple controllers so your vessel doesn't start leaning to one side.

Anyway, yeah, I very much like the logistics, but it needs filters and a way to move things between containers automatically. Possibly also a container that responds to requests. Meaning if you have your request container hooked up as your input for your constructor then when the constructor tries to build something the request container checks all of the containers that it has access to and delivers the item to the constructor if it has access to one.

11. Freemam_Br

Freemam_Br Lieutenant

hello at all I would like to know if it would be possible to again the queue of construction in the forges, but not the way it was ates, but rather with the possibility that we can mark which metal the forge will manufacture, because with current alogistica it does not make sense to have several forges on the basis that if we have a large CC with several Ce's together and use them for metal refining, all the forges will pick up the metals from the same Cc and will process the first batch of metal from the first Cc flap, of this form it makes no sense have several forges because the only gain would be the speed of processing a single metal, but if we can select the metal to be worked in the forge, then we can do a better optimization, where three forges use simultaneously the metals of the same Cc can make different metals , according to what we set up for her to pull in the order that we dialed.Just get a little key on each metal to select what that forge will do ...

12. Hummel-o-War

• Developer
    That "sorting" is very likely a part of the planned "Automatization" feature (sort / move items by applying certain rules etc.). The new Logistics GUI is also part of the basic stuff we need for that to work.

13. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Why do the items in the toolbar count against your volume? I thought the toolbar was to have a unlimited volume so you could build because right now every block I add to my toolbar adds to my volume and building with only a few blocks on your toolbar at a time makes it impossible to build

14. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

Are you using the Connected Toolbar (orange, switch with T while you've got a box in Connected mode)?

Germanicus likes this.
  15. banksman45

banksman45 Rear Admiral

Ok I got it now. Thanks. I have to agree that the Logistics interface needs some improvements.

16. NimrodX

NimrodX Commander

When I try to access a deco container (wardrobe, kitchen counter etc) with f now I can't access it. The logistics screen comes up and no such containers are in the list.

What is the plan for water collectors and autominers? Still no way to access those with logistics so they must be emptied and refueled via player inventory.

17. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

The Connected Toolbar can be used while opening devices like those, and you should be able to switch the left side to a container in your ship/base if in range (replacing the Player Inventory with that remote container) -- wireless connection extenders are important. But, those are either awkward (no shift-click with the toolbar) or repetitive (you have to switch the left side inventory every time).

My idea of an ideal solution: When you open a device or loot container (like in a POI), if you have a Connected Toolbar active, the left side should default to that Connected Inventory -- because the intent of the connected toolbar being active is for that container to be your inventory.

With that change, you could simply have a connected container active, and shift-click (or Full Transfer button click) quickly and easily.

Currently you have to switch the left side (from Player to Cargo) every time you open a new water generator / autominer / loot box -- ... even if you have the Connected Toolbar (and thus inventory I/O swap--allowing you to pick up items on the ground directly into it) active.

Edit: NEVERMIND... The water generator and autominer UIs don't currently use the Logistics screen at all, so only the Connected Toolbar solution works, meaning it's a two-step process of putting things onto the bar, and then into the device. It does apply to Loot Containers and other random inventories though.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
    Tyrax Lightning likes this.
  18. Rico74

Rico74 Ensign

Hi all,

When I connect a container of my SV, (coloring works) I get the connected toolbar, however as soon as I leave the logistics window the connected toolbar is gona, and the T key doesn't bring it back ... I also can't see any indication of a connection, until I'm back in the logistics window.
    I should be close enough as I'm standing on the container block of my sv

Any idea's ?

R.

19. rebuilthk47

rebuilthk47 Commander

- Logistics window: Setup is retained separately for 'F' and 'F4' modes
    This is nice. I like that it's separate. Having to always change things is more of a nuisance than remembering that the setups are different.

- Display message when trying to put something in the connected toolbar but the connected container is full
    Haven't used it.

- Do not use OUTPUT container as source for construction at the same time
    Good idea. Gives more reason to have multiple cargo boxes for construction devices. I have two constructors that are chained with three cargo boxes.

- Logistics window: Added button for direct access of the device of an assigned container
    I assume that's the button that allows you to access a cargo box directly from the Constructor. I like that. If you need to get to it fast you can do so.

- Logistics window: added '(C)' in front of CONNECTED container and pin to top, added '(A)' in front of ASSIGNED container and pin to top
    OH! Now it makes sense! YES! Love it!! I'd like to be able to name the cargo boxes directly (if it's possible and I don't know yet, I'll find out soon).

- Place Decon/Furnace OFF and switch OFF if assigned container is switched
    I can see advantages and disadvantages whether it's OFF or ON. Personally I think it's up to the Developers as to what its set to with this one. Sorry I can't give better feedback than that.

The others that I didn't mention are ones I am either unaware of or don't have activated at this time.

20. IronCartographer

IronCartographer Captain

Other way around. Cargo box -> Access the "first" device that uses it.

You can only name devices in a group in the devices list.