BACKPACK/INVENTORY - MAP MARKER

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Postmodern, Aug 14, 2020.

1. Postmodern

Postmodern Ensign

I can't believe this hasn't already been done.
    Follow this scenario :
    It's the starter planet. I'm on my motorcycle trying to find mushrooms so I don't keep dying of Radiation sickness. I die anyway - get back on my motorcycle - and ride off. A couple minutes later I'm back at my emergency oxy/water condensers. I open my backpack... and it's empty. CRAP! I left it back there. I go back looking for it. It's full, right?! It won't get deleted. I watch the mini map, but nothing. It's gone.

WTF! New Policy. Don't delete a backpack with something in it for AT LEAST 1 hour and don't delete an empty backpack for at least 20 minutes. Why? Because I have dropped weapons right next to an empty backpack after dying because a spider chase me off before I could finish my business. I could never find them because you delete the backpack and the marker right away. DONT DO IT.
    ALSO, leave a marker on the main map for 20 minutes to an hour as well with the same range as the player marker. Please, please, please.

2. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

Or just put the map marker back that was there in v. 11

We use to have a map marker that you could see from anywhere in the world, without a scanner blip.

The current evaporation time is more than enough to get back to it from pretty much anywhere on a planet.