Fixed Colliding with a surface in zero-g causes the player to orient incorrectly [7972]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Garaman, May 27, 2021.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3366
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Single Player / Multiplayer

Seed-id: Multiple (including Anvil EXP server)

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor / Major

Type: Player collision physics

Summary: Player collision against a surface while jeptacking in zero-g environments appears to bounce the player off in an incorrect direction.

Description:
    See attached video. When you are in space jetpacking around a ship and you collide with a surface you no longer smoothly slide along it. Now you jarringly change direction, sometimes down to your feet, sometimes in an odd direction. Even passing through a door feels like you get knocked around. This destroys the smoothness of flying in space. This happens in both my single player game and on the Anvil 1.5 EXP server.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Load into a game and head to space. Enter a ship, turn off gravity, and jetpack around impacting surfaces. It will not feel smooth as it did in 1.4. Note: In the video the ship was aligned with the 'O' key.

bluemax151 and -AKEVA-BANSHEE- like this.
  2. -AKEVA-BANSHEE-

-AKEVA-BANSHEE- Commander

Can confirm. Just had this happen at the trade station last night. I swear I need to leave my recording software open all the time :D. Thanks for posting this Garman.