Help needed Create an NPC Faction

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Karmaot, May 5, 2024.

1. Karmaot

Karmaot Ensign

First of all, my English isn't perfect, so forgive me if I express myself badly.

Request: I want to create an NPC faction.

Server status: My server, currently hosted on Nitrado, is configured on ravien_ff's Reforged Eden mod.

Explanation: I've recently spent a lot of time using the aimanager tool. After laborious testing, I managed to put the AI on my blueprints. However, the AI piloting a ship belonging to my faction (which comes from the "Human" category) doesn't fight ships from other NPC factions. I'd like to create a new NPC faction to solve this problem.

What I'm looking for: - I'd like to know and understand how to create a new NPC faction without it hindering the functionality of the game or the Reforged Eden mod.

- Know how to set up the new faction, which faction it can attack, which faction it can't (I'm talking about the ia/new faction). Initial reputation in relation to players. (I know this all happens in the faction.ecf file, however I read a ravien_ff article from 2017 that explained that modifying the "AttackNPC" as well as "ForceAttack" functions could break NPC fights in the game).

- And finally (Less important but I'd like to know how to do it) how to put the new faction I've just created on playing fields. I'm talking about putting a territory on a Planet / on the galaxy map.

Thank you for your attention to my request.