CV Detector power

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Darinth, Feb 1, 2021.

1. Darinth

Darinth Commander

Can we either A: Have the ability to turn this off (via signals/power toggles/etc...) or B: have it use reduced power when not in 'active use' (either while not recharging or once the waypoints it highlights have gone away)

My CV uses 439 PU in power save mode without the detector or 759 (about 73% more power) with it. It's the difference between about 27 hours of power vs about 16 hours.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    bluemax151 and Inappropriate like this.
  2. xtended2l

xtended2l Commander

Has been discussed many times. But in Reforged it uses a lot less power.
    Tbh everything on the ship should be switchable.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Good idea. It uses way too much power.

4. Kaloriaa

Kaloriaa Commander

Perhaps if your not using the device just pull it up with multitool to conserve ship power but I can also see this as annoyance as well. I would just throw on another fuel tank or 2 and load up on more fuel to compensate for the extra fuel usage.

5. Alhira_K

Alhira_K Captain

Certainly appreciable but in the meantime two possible fixes for you.

In the BlocksConfig.ecf you can either copy&paste the line "IsActivateable: true" or you can change the energy input needed.

I definetely did NOT steal this from Vermillion... :cool:

6. Darinth

Darinth Commander

It's been brought up before as a 'bug' (at least that I was able to find) and filed as 'not a bug', because it's not a bug. I was hoping that maybe if it was actually properly brought up as a suggestion, there might be a chance for it to be paid a little more attention to.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

There are many config unbalances and such throughout the files. This is certainly one of the most visible and easily changed ones however.

Darinth and Vermillion like this.
  8. Darinth

Darinth Commander

So... I'm currently running 2 servers on the same box off of the same installation of EGS. I can't modify BlocksConfig.ecf locatated in empyrioninstall/Content/Configuration without modifying both of them. If I just wanted to modify one of them, could I copy it to the Content/Configuration folder for that save and it would work? Do my players need to do the same or would they automatically get the configuration from the server? I have exactly 0 experience with EGS modding, though lots of experience with modding in general.

9. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Are the two servers using the same scenario or a different scenario?
    You can place the modified config file under the specific scenario being used. And it's best to use a config.ecf instead of modifying blocksconfig.ecf if all you want to do is lower the passive power use.