cv repair bay T3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Angry Whopper, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Angry Whopper

Angry Whopper Ensign

As it is possible to dock cv to cv now, I think it would be nice if we could repair other cv's from cv's.

It would remove the need to build small space stations to repair your cv while you wander around the huge gallaxy.

Track Driver and Foofaspoon like this.
  2. Track Driver

Track Driver Rear Admiral

I like this idea, but I would prefer, perhaps as an additional block, a Damage Control Block for CVs and BAs. This would emulate having a repair crew that would go to work when a certain % of damage is detected or when directed by the player. I think a "toggle" AUTO/MANUAL would be desirable. It would take a bit longer than a Base Repair Bay. It could use a similar repair console. Also, a tab could be added to the CP (there appears to be room for 3 or 4 more) to monitor damage (similar to the Devices tab) and prioritize repair. It could even be like CPU Extenders where adding blocks are like adding repair crews to speed things up.

I would love to show an example of this from the game Independence War (aka I-War). Unfortunately, I am unable to get a screenshot. In fact, I'm having trouble loading any version of the game at all.

Pear78, Alhira_K and Khazul like this.
  3. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

BlocksConfig.ecf

{ +Block Id: 1131, Name: RepairBayCV, Ref: RepairBayBA
    Repairs: "SS,GV", display: true

Change to

Repairs: "SS,GV,MS", display: true

or for T2 variant only able to repair CVs:

{ +Block Id: 1486, Name: RepairBayCVT2, Ref: RepairBayCV

Add:
    Repairs: "SS,GV,MS", display: true