[TOOL] [DISCONTINUED] Empyrion Playfield Designer Alpha7 v1.36.1 [deprecated version]

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by jmcburn, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

Nice job on this, its really starting to look slick, 6.0 should be interesting for you, lots of new stuff to add in, should make it really cool indeed.

jmcburn likes this.
  2. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for the feedback.

6.0 is already in the works. ;-)
    I need to include some dependency checks for 6.0 now, that require some rather big changes to the UI-Parser/Generator, and 6.0 is still not finished, so it might be some time.

From now on with the ability to switch between latest versions (5.5 and 6.0 for now).

/jmc

oojimaflip likes this.
  3. 007

007 Ensign

Good afternoon! I have a file of all plants, etc. In photos and exact names of objects.
    I can send a card file of all objects (except animals) in the game. I collected it to modify the flora on the planet. I would be glad if this helps to develop the program, because This is very necessary for servers.

oojimaflip and jmcburn like this.
  4. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Wow, of course, that would be great. Please send them and i will integrate them into EPD.

Thank you for your support.

/Jmc

oojimaflip likes this.
  5. Jugger On Valium

Jugger On Valium Lieutenant

It may have already been mentioned, but this really messes up moons - it insists on adding cloud cover and colouring the skies. Not sure why, looks like the EPD needs to maybe 'grey out' (disable) items it finds that are commented out in the original file? Not sure if that's a fix, but if it's assigning values to all possible variables, then does this mean we have to set the seed variable in every playfield file?

6. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Thx for the feedback.

That's not meant to be that way, of course. Will be fixed, so that only Moon Prooperties will show up, if you select Moon.

For Space it's already working that way. Change PlayfieldType to Space and click on 'New...' Then it creates a new template for space with only the properties needed for space.

For the Seed Value: Set it to 0 and it won't show up in playfield yaml anymore.

/jmc

7. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

INFO / PROGRESS UPDATE:

Well, no update (yet).

Alpha 6 is still in a constant flow yaml-wise, so finalizing a 6.0 version doesn't make any sense at the moment. The new properties so far are integrated already and working mostly as expected, but as long as Alpha 6.0 isn't out officially, i won't release a new version.

But i'm busy improving and optimizing the UI Parser and the RandomGenerator to support 6.0 and refine things a bit to prepare for some bigger changes in the future. ;-)

Here's a little teaser of the upcoming version...

upload_2017-4-4_19-8-34.png

A big thanks goes to @007 for the great work on the images!!

... so stay tuned.

/jmc

8. Guru

Guru Captain

@jmcburn I'm anxiously awaiting the 6.0 version of this. I'm in the midst of attempting many changes on our server and this is going to be a big help in that endeavor.
    If you choose to have testers for this, I'd love to play around with it some!

9. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

i hope, i can get it out this weekend, but i can't really tell for sure. There are still some major 6.0 features to implement/optimize, and those require some bigger changes in the code.

Well, as soon as it's out, you'll be able to test your brains out. At the moment it would just be frustrating, i guess. :D

/jmc

10. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

UPDATE (v1.20.3 experimental) with Alpha 6 Part III Support (HOTFIX)

Long time no update, but there have been lots of changes in 6.0 to playfields. Furthermore i had to implement some changes/extensions to the way EPD generally works to fully support 6.0 and following versions.

And now that Part III of Alpha 6 is out, you should be able to edit all the great features ELEON implemented.
    Specially useful for server admins, who want to adapt their playfields tp Alpha 6 now.

Item Selector for PlayerStart items (Inventory, Structure, ...):

upload_2017-4-18_18-56-29.png

Item Preview for decoration items:

upload_2017-4-18_18-58-41.png

Item Preview for grass items:

upload_2017-4-18_18-59-20.png

Now only the properties for the desired playfield type are shown. E.g. Space:

upload_2017-4-18_19-12-3.png

ALL CHANGES:

• added Support for Alpha 6.0 experimental
    • now possible to switch between editing/creating v5.5 and v6.0 playfields
    • added image previews to Deco, Grass, PlayerItems Selection (a big THX to @007 for his outstanding work in creating the images!!). Still some missing though. Will be added piece by piece as new ones are available.
    • Now able to select from GroupNames and PrefabsNames, where allowed.
    • Startup Item Selector to easily set Player Inventory, Personal Container, ...
    • added support for editing v6.0 Scenarions
    • conditional selection of Properties to edit. e.g. if in FixedPlayerStart you set SpawnType to 'Structure', only the options needed for 'Structure are shown and all other options that are not needed/disallowed for this SpawnType are removed/hidden from GUI.
    • Possibility to switch between PlayfieldTypes (Space/Planet/Moon/Sun). Only valid options for selected playfield are shown now, so that you don't end up with e.g. FogColor in a space playfield.yaml, which could have produced weird effects before, or even crashes.
    • optimized some Randomizer Min/Max Values (e.g. Drone Count on POIs/Resources was previously allowed from 0..20) :D - could have been a bit hard.
    • now EPD starts with an almost empty playfield. No more predefined values. If you want predefined, open an existing playfield, that comes closest to what you want, edit it and save in a new folder in content/playfields.
    • changed/fixed behaviour of Lists (adding/editing items). Before when clicking on 'Add', a new item with defaults was immediately added and then openened for editing. Now it's the other way round, editor opens, let's you set everything and then stores it into playfield. In the old way, there could have been a problem, when editing sub/sub Items of a list item, when you pressed ok, this was instantly written to playfield, although you pressed cancel on adding the parent item.

FIXES:

• fixed: RandomGenerator crashed, when some properties were null.
    • fixed: NullReferenceException, when a Color was null.
    • a lot of minor Bugfixes
    • HOTFIX: 1.20.3 When starting on a 5.5 Server or a Server that had no Scenarios folder, EPD failed to import blueprints (prefabs) and thus crashed on opening any prefab database related properties.
    • HOTFIX: InitPower was missing on Random POIs

KNOWN ISSUES:

• Localization might not be implemented fully. will be adapted in the next releases.
    • Validation (min/max, ...) might not be defined for all new 6.0 options, so be careful. :D
    • As far as my tests go, 6.0 should work fine. There might be some issues with some combinations of settings on loading playfields though. Hopefully your tests can direct me to finding and fixing those combinations. :D

HOWTO/TUTORIAL:

• After EPD starts up, first choose the PlayfieldType and Version you want to create/edit.
      • opt. 1 Either start fresh and enter/set the desired values
      • opt. 2 Or import existing playfield/scenario with the buttons 'Import Playfield' or 'Import Scenarios' and edit them to your liking.
      • opt. 3 User RandomGenerator 'Surprise Me':
        • First you set the amount of List items in an empty playfield. Let's say - add 5 Ore deposits, 3 Global Effects, 8 Biomes, 7 Creatures, and so on. Click on 'Go!' and all the items you defined in playfield will be randomized (except those, who can easily break the playfield, when set too random)
        • Better/Faster way is to open an existing playfield that has the wanted amount of items (Glob Effects, Biomes, ...) set in Lists already. Add or remove some list entries (again, what values you set, is not imported here, just the number of list items)
    • Save playfield.yaml in a new folder (Named as you like) in Content/Playfields
    Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxUpWMGez5I0WXA2RWd1eFFiNEk/view?usp=sharing

So please, tell me what you think and help me optimize and find remaining bugs. :D

/jmc

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    rainyday, Marty, Kaeser and 4 others like this.
  11. Daede

Daede Guest

How did I not know this exists? OMG dude, you are life.

jmcburn likes this.
  12. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

Well, now you know. :D

But please be careful and backup first, as this is still experimental. Latest features were just implemented!!

/jmc

13. Daede

Daede Guest

Error Importing Prefabs. Value cannot be null. Paramater Name: path

If I ignore this and continue, I load a playfield, select Drones tab, select the drone base, click edit and recieve:

Error retrieving data from Database!
    Error Message:
    SQL logic error or missing database
    no such table: GroupNames

off to read the install file. it would appear I failed to initialize a database somewhere

14. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

did you point the program to empyrion main folder on first start or dedicated server folder?

did you move the program after first start? If so, go to config folder and delete config.xml and run program again.

15. Daede

Daede Guest

I've tried inserting PrefabPath= and PrefabsPath= into the config file manually, but it just gives the same error and deletes it from the config...

no idea about the sql issue, can't find an install.txt

As far as being careful, I've got a backup :)

16. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

could you please take a look in the log, if it says something useful? :D

17. Daede

Daede Guest

Yes, i pointed it at the dedicated server root.

No, I did not move it. I have deleted and edited the config file several times to no avail.

18. Daede

Daede Guest

From a fresh start:
    Code:
    4/18/2017 1:56:22 PM | LOG initialized
    4/18/2017 1:56:22 PM | ERROR in: mscorlib | Exception: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path | STACKTRACE:    at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
       at EPD.DatabaseModelData.Scraper.‭‎‮‪‬‭‬‪‏‌‪‭‫‬‎‎‌‏‮‍‬‮(String )
       at EPD.DatabaseModelData.Scraper.importPrefabs()
    4/18/2017 1:56:22 PM | System initialized
    4/18/2017 1:56:23 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:56:23 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)

From a fresh start, to load a playfield, to try to edit drone base error:

Code:
    4/18/2017 1:57:58 PM | LOG initialized
    4/18/2017 1:57:58 PM | ERROR in: mscorlib | Exception: Value cannot be null.
    Parameter name: path | STACKTRACE:    at System.IO.Directory.GetDirectories(String path)
       at EPD.DatabaseModelData.Scraper.‭‎‮‪‬‭‬‪‏‌‪‭‫‬‎‎‌‏‮‍‬‮(String )
       at EPD.DatabaseModelData.Scraper.importPrefabs()
    4/18/2017 1:57:58 PM | System initialized
    4/18/2017 1:57:59 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:57:59 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:09 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:09 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:10 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:10 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:13 PM | Playfield File imported: C:\empsrvr\Content\Playfields\02a_Con_ST_Sol_PL_Akua\playfield.yaml
    4/18/2017 1:58:13 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:13 PM | ERROR in: EPD | Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. | STACKTRACE:    at EPD.DB_Default_DBItemToItem.Convert(Object value, Type targetType, Object parameter, CultureInfo culture)
    4/18/2017 1:58:24 PM | ERROR in: System.Data.SQLite | Exception: SQL logic error or missing database
    no such table: GroupNames | STACKTRACE:    at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Prepare(SQLiteConnection cnn, String strSql, SQLiteStatement previous, UInt32 timeoutMS, String& strRemain)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.BuildNextCommand()
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.GetStatement(Int32 index)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader.NextResult()
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteDataReader..ctor(SQLiteCommand cmd, CommandBehavior behave)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
       at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
       at EPD.SQLite.DBConnection.fetchData(String dbName, String tableName)

19. Daede

Daede Guest

This is Windows Server 2k16, btw. Dedicated box, administrator access

20. jmcburn

jmcburn Rear Admiral

that's strange. Just tested it with Dedi Server root again. Got no problem here.
    is this a 6.0 server already? Just Tested it with 6.0.

what the program does on first start:
    looks for content folder in main Dedi folder, there it expects to be prefabs, PrefabsStock (and on 6.0 scenarios/ScenarioName/Prefabs).
    And from those folders it imports every epd file found.

does it say anything in the log file? logs/epd.log

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.