Epic Games version connection issue (no ping)

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by SherLocK, Oct 16, 2024.

1. SherLocK

SherLocK Ensign

Build: v1.11.9 B4541
    Mode:
    Platform: EPIC
    DLC Installed: No

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID:

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS:

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: Connection issues

Summary: Epic Games version connection issue (no ping)

Description: My Epic Games version has some troubles with ping to a big part of servers. I also have the game on Steam and it works absolutely fine, you can see a comparison on screenshots. Both installations are fresh so no one file has been modified and they are using exactly the same preferences. Also I have a friend who is living in another country and has the same problem. We can't play local coop with him because this problem doesn't matter who is hosting. We also tried to use radmin vpn but the game doesn't want to connect using ip from radmin with error "no join code". Also I want to say that I have no anti-malware, Microsoft defender and firewall are completely disabled. If I would try to connect to a server that has no ping it may have some chance to connect but it will be completely unplayable because of disconnects and huge delay on actions.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Launch the game from the Epic Games

Also I want to ask if you are still receiving reports from [email protected] ? I sent an email about an internal error 3 days ago and still haven't received a message that you received my mail so cant be sure if I should report it on forum or not.

Thanks for an attention.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    The ping on Epic is very slow to transmit it takes me a few seconds to a minute aswell before it transmit.
    If you block the ping rule in your firewall (ICMP Echo Rules) (what is by default off) then you cant ping either.

From Epic:
    [​IMG]

About the no join code for CooP, please attach the logs of the client and of the server.
    Connecting from IP : Port wont work with Epic Clients.
    The host connects automaticly when the server is setup, and the friend has to join from the "friends" tab in the MP Lobby

Your emails, we get allot of emails and we do not answer them unless really needed
    If you give a email address (if you want you can PM it) then i can check if they arrived

By any chance are you or your friend using a VPN to go around some countries who block things?

3. SherLocK

SherLocK Ensign

Well... seems like my problem with the Epic version was solved after I linked my account with Steam. When my friend just deleted the game -_- I tried to get him back but I failed.
    As I said we got "no join code" error when we were trying to connect using ip from Radmin vpn so if you're saying that Epic version won't connect with ip : port it's explaining why we got this error.
    I reinstalled the game a couple times so I lost my logs and because of my friend's decision to delete the game and wont come back in nearest time I can't produce new logs. I attached the only log that we saved. In this log my friend 'Kateika_play' was hosting when I 'MAMOHTEH0K' was lucky enough to connect even without ping but it was unplayable for me because of disconnects and huge delay when I was able to play on public servers with no delay. Both of us were not using VPN most of the time, we tried it once when we understood that regular way is not working. As we can't provide more information I understand that it will be impossible to investigate, so if provided log wont help just close the topic. I'm actually sorry for wasting your time...
    And I did PM you with an email from which I sent a report about an internal error.

Attached Files: