Fixed Esc or Start Button on Main Game Menu removes all Menu items [7440]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by Nickronomicon, Jul 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nickronomicon

Nickronomicon Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: N/A
    SEED-ID: 891334

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: DontKnow

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Major

Type: UI

Summary: Esc or Start Button on Main Game Menu removes all Menu items

Description: On exit to main menu, if I press Start an overlay pops up. If I press Start again or press the 'X' to exit the overlay, the main menu is gone. There's only the background image. Pressing Start a 3rd time will bring up the overlay again, but I can't find a way to bring back the menu options. I've confirmed that the same thing happens with 'Esc'. The only thing I can do at this point is to Alt-Tab to desktop and force quit the game. (I could possibly exit with the console as well, but I haven't attempted it.) I'm playing on a Windows 10 PC with an ultrawide monitor (3440x1440) and an Xbox One S Bluetooth gamepad.

Steps to Reproduce: Start the game, press 'Esc' or gamepad 'Start', press 'Esc' or gamepad 'Start' again.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jQMXWrojkstEnLJv6

2. Nickronomicon

Nickronomicon Ensign

Quick follow-up:
    When I quit to the main menu from a loaded game, I can't use the gamepad to select menu options. The gamepad works when I first load the game, but upon exit I have to revert to mouse and keyboard.
    This may be unrelated, and if that's the case I can open a new bug.