Feedback Required EXP v.1.10 - Force Field Effect

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Ente, May 31, 2023.

1. Ente

Ente Commander

I do appreciate the work on the new Force field effect! But I think it may need a bit refinement. Right now it seems way to strong and too noisy on larger force fields. Also it isn't rendered when a window is behind it.

1.10 Experimental I
    [​IMG]

Also has some really trippy effects if you have multiple forcefields that are overlapping.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    Myrmidon likes this.
  2. Ente

Ente Commander

Clouds also seem to be rendered in front of the effect at times

[​IMG]

Myrmidon likes this.
  3. Ente

Ente Commander

So feedback to the RC Version: Looks much better now, great changes! Aesthetically I would prefer a lighter blue tone, closer to the previous force fields. Would be even more awesome if we could color them with the color tool.

I think there still are a couple bugs, where the teint of a window behind the force field overlays the force field effect. And multiple forcefields stacked behind each other do not render in the correct order.

4. GoldDragon

GoldDragon Captain

Colored Forcefields FTW!

5. Ente

Ente Commander

Well just checked again the forcefield effect on the RC2. So the bugs with the rendering seem to be partly fixed. At least the windows appear to work fine with them now. Not correctly multiple stacked force fields still happens under some view angles.

Also the Force field effect seems to be a little bit stronger on large force fields than in the previous builds (Or I am being subjective here). Could we again turn it down a bit, please?
    Looks:
    [​IMG]