Fuel Consumption Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Shadowpuppy, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Shadowpuppy

Shadowpuppy Ensign

Currently the generators do not consume fuel but the items pulling power use the fuel. Seems off to me.

I can have 4 T2 Generators on a ship and 30 minutes of fuel left.
    Turn them all off and turn on one small generator and still 30 minutes of fuel left.

Fuel should be consumed based on the generators running. Not if something is using the power.

• New smaller version of generators that can be configured to run one item.
    • Aka i want a generator that turns on when my ship is powered down to keep the refrigerator running.
    Also currently thrusters that are on but not in use do not suck that much fuel.
    They should be using a good amount of fuel when on. Turning them off should feel like something you need to do or automate. Currently you get like 2 minutes of fuel usage back from turning them off.

My ship can idel for 7 hours and 10 minutes .... thurn off all thrusters my ship can idel for 7 hours and 15 minutes... needs to be fixed

• Should be auto coded into the ship that if you go above 100% power usage and there is a generator that is turned off it comes online

In summary, generators use the fuel and items use the power... Having everything turned off and all the generators running will use the same amount of fuel as the power is still be generated even if its not used

• Last note is that a battery pack should be an option for ship building. So i can run my items off battery from excess power generated.