Filed / Tracking Hostile Polaris Drones in Andromeda Strain pt.5 [1086]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by The Big Brzezinski, Aug 15, 2023.

1. The Big Brzezinski

The Big Brzezinski Captain

Build: 1.10.2
    Mode: Default Random
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 575561

If applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: 2 for 2, presuming Always
    Severity: Moderate, requires console to bypass

Type: NPC

Summary: Hostile Polaris Drones in Andromeda Strain pt.5

Description: Polaris drones that spawn in with the CV at the last stage of the Andromeda Strain mission in Ningues are hostile to the player regardless of standing.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1) Starter new Default Random game on Ningues
    2) Activate godmode, progress through missions
    3) Reach the last stage of part 5 when the Kellend CV spawns, float up near the Polaris drones.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, any other Relevant Information or Download links:
    [​IMG]

teammate and JluKBuD like this.
  2. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Can confirm, I got attacked by the same drones and lost rep defending myself from them.

It doesn't matter if you start on Ningues or not, simply following the quest line will have the same result either way.

3. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The only way Polaris drones would attack you is if you were already below neutral with them.
    What faction were they actually? Because that would be a very different issue.

4. The Big Brzezinski

Staring at them in godmode, they had Polaris faction labeling. Only faction loss I had taken was the bit where you shoot the commander in an attempt to apprehend him. My standing was Friendly. No other Polaris NPCs or turrets shot at me.

XGropo likes this.
  5. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

For that game I was already friendly with Polaris due to the previous 4 missions raising reputation, along with killing baddies in their territory while pursuing those missions.

When the CV spawned, it wasn't firing on me, but the 2 drones, despite clearly being Polaris, fired on me immediately and caught me off guard because I wasn't expecting it.

They were confirmed to be Polaris drones because when I shot one down defending myself, it immediately caused reputation loss with Polaris to the point of becoming unfriendly which resulted in both the CV and the base turning on me.

Even worse was that the remaining drone was hell bent on pursuing me across the map.

6. The Big Brzezinski

Neither reloading the world nor reentering the playfield deterred them. I had to remove the drones with the console to sidestep the problem. Removed the CV as well, but that was probably unnecessary.

7. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Oh this is interesting then. Thanks for confirming they were actually Polaris faction and not something else.

8. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

9. AxionM

AxionM Ensign

I removed only the CV from the console and the drones stopped attacking.

10. Arthmoor

Arthmoor Commander

Hmm. Does that mean the drones spawned from the CV?

11. Scimarad

Scimarad Ensign

I just had exactly the same thing happen to me. I assumed at first they were still firing at the red drones and bombers spawned by the bad guy Polaris NPC but, nope, it was the orange ones that spawned when the CV turned up.

I did try and just run away and rest but they apparently followed me and blew up my house lol:)

12. MeatPopsicle

MeatPopsicle Ensign

I went "God mode" and took a look inside the ship the drones spawn from and it looks like the core is red. Other Pol cores are purple. They may have set it up by accident to be hostile no matter what but have the Pol faction tag on it. Whatever you do to it goes back to the faction but it never registers faction standing because it's a red core.