Fixed HUD markers do not show the shortest direction on a planet. [7290]

Discussion in 'Fixed (Read Only)' started by kp13, Apr 30, 2020.

1. kp13

kp13 Ensign

Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME:
    SEED-ID: 413346

MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Trivial

Type: HUD

Summary: HUD markers do not show the shortest direction on a planet.

Description: HUD marks show the longest path. This occurs when the shortest direction crosses a meridian gray zone (No Build Zone). The distance from the list of map markers is correct.

Steps to Reproduce: Place yourself near the meridian of the no buil zone. Add a map marker on the other side of the meridian of the no build zone.
    The list of marks will show the correct distance. The HUD will show the direction and distance around the planet.

Experimental 12_2020-04-27_18-29-40.png Experimental 12_2020-04-27_18-30-11.png

2. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

My experience is that it does indeed show the shortest distance to get there, but erroneously shows the wrong number.

Meaning, if you fly towards the marker, it is indeed showing the short distance over the wrap line, but the distance is if you flew the opposite way...?

Germanicus likes this.
  3. basingleton

basingleton Commander

I have to disagree because I have experienced this bug. I have found that looking at the map, the resource is about 2KM to the right, but the I look at the marker outside the map and point my ship, it says its really far away, I look at the map again, and my ship is pointed to the left. Its telling me to go all the way around the dang planet for a resource right behind me! This is Phase 2 fresh start.

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Guest

Fixed in the NEXT update

Pach likes this.