HV Mounted anti-personnel options

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by R4z0rbee, Mar 2, 2020.

1. R4z0rbee

R4z0rbee Lieutenant

I feel like this category of weapons needs some improvements. Currently the only weapons "designed" to combat hostile ground troops are the 15mm rotary guns and turrets and they are simply too weak to perform their job adequately. While technically this can be circumvented by simply using rocket/plasma/laser based weaponry against ground troops, using such expensive anti-ship ammo against such low level enemies feels like a waste.

I dont have specific numbers ready but the amount of hits a 15mm hv turret needs to down a simple mid-level zirax soldier, or even just a mid-level raptor is just too high. Even more so when considered that jumping out of my vessel and using a mere T1 sniperrifle seems infinitely more effective. ( By that of course I am not saying that handheld weapons are in need of a nerf. ) When a 15mm turret cannot even kill a single raptor or some other wild predator when I am drone mining before it gets into melee range, there is little reason relying on it for protection.

The damage output of the current 15mm turret, coupled with its low firerate would be something I could expect from a 7,62 single barrel machinegun or something of the sort. So I would ask that you consider adding a T1 projectile turret which would have the stats of the current 15mm turret and in turn buffing the latter and turn it into the T2 projectile turret ( maybe at the cost of rarer resources to produce ).

2. frank walls

frank walls Commander

I've found those HV turrets nearly worthless for years now. Especially around a large group of enemies. Targeting and damage issues make it so you're better off just jumping out and fighting them.

3. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

A few rocket turrets on an HV makes for a rather ugly and effective anti-personnel device.