Filed / Tracking Ore/wood controllers won't pick up partial stacks, needs to have room for the entire stack [00704]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by gamer1000k, Apr 21, 2019.

1. gamer1000k

gamer1000k Commander

Just noticed that the new HV ore/wood container controller won't pick up partial stacks while mining. I found a large sathium deposit on a planet, and some of the underground boulders drop stacks of 300 sathium when mined (which takes up an enormous amount of volume, and as a side note, the HV cargo containers are way too small relative to the volume of ore and the player inventory which is a balance issue for the new volume system). Instead of picking up as much as it could, the entire stack is lost if there isn't room for the ENTIRE stack in the storage, which is a huge problem when mining resources that drop large stacks all at once instead of gradually filling the inventory.

Edit:
    Just to clarify, this is a SP survival game with weights and volume limits enabled.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  2. Hummel-o-War

Hummel-o-War Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    Can you please do a quick test if you can pick up partial stacks by hand? Thx!

3. gamer1000k

gamer1000k Commander

Just tried mining that same Sathium deposit with a T2 drill and it had the same behavior, if there wasn't room in my inventory the entire stack was dropped on the ground even if there was room for a partial stack. Once dropped on the ground, it is possible to pick up a partial stack of the ore by hand.

4. Thivik

Thivik Commander

sorry to post like this Hummel, I was trying to post to your account as more of a PM, but the system wouldn't let me :(

Anyway...
    With regards to the sorting of shapes, I think it would be very advantages to builders if there were sort/filter options,such as
    Solid, Hollow, Rounded, Angled, Corner, 2-part- pt 1, 2-part pt 2, Deco, existing grouping.
    Anyway, just my quick thoughts, I know the developers are very in tuned with the community, but just to make sure they get the message, please let them know that I believe they are hands down the best development group out there!

Cheers