Improvements to the registry

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by CRAIG W HAYWOOD, Jan 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. CRAIG W HAYWOOD

CRAIG W HAYWOOD Ensign

First let me say the registry works for the most part but clearly needs work. My thoughts on the registry and how it can be improved to improve gameplay.

1. The registry groups the waypoints you put by sector/planet. First i believe this works for the most part, however if you do not write things down you could easily forget and be looking for days for the waypoints you place. Now you can toggle waypoints, this is good but i believe players should be allowed to make their own groups just like we can with devices. Making groups and placing certain waypoints inside these groups would make the game much more enjoyable as for instance someone that marks down paths they take to get to certain areas in space would simply need to look under the space routes group for their paths.

2. Currently we can reset waypoints, turn waypoints on and off, edit waypoints and delete them. However this can be tedious as players need the ability to toggle their waypoints on and off. Now you can do this already, but one at a time. I purpose the ability to be able to toggle a group of waypoints by clicking check boxs and then clicking the waypoint button.
    This would allow for multiple uses, lets say you have 7 autominers on a planet but really only want to be able to see those waypoints while on the planet, before leaving the planet you could easily click the check box on each of the autominer waypoints and turn them off until you come back to the planet to collect.

3. Waypoints overlapping fix.
    Currently anyone that plays and uses waypoints to get around knows its a pain to mark systems and then mark stuff in the system, if the first two suggestions were implimented this would allow waypoints to be managed easier, stopping the annoying black box overlapped waypoints to show up 1000 lys away when youre accorss the galaxy.

So these are my 3 suggestions for the registry, im sure i could think of more but id love to hear from others, do you think these would improve the game? Also do you have any gripes about the registry?

Comment below!