In-game registry : Fix the problem + improve functionality

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bbk.3164, Apr 25, 2022.

1. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

The problem with the registry is that right now = managing markers and waypoints is VERY INCREDIBLE (!).
    The opinion of my co-workers is that there are 3 problems with the registry:
    1. No sorting by columns (only filters by type) ,
    2. No plain text search, and the same lacking in the Teleport list,
    3. There is no "minimize-deploy the entire list" button.
    This makes finding the right POI or asteroid (!) very HARD, as well as when teleporting!
    --------
    And also - Markers on the PLANET map = the problem there is that to operate these markers (which are on planets) = you have to "be on the planet" !
    This is also very inconvenient !!!
    --------
    The DOUBLE PROBLEM of markers that are "on the planet" = is their visibility on the planet, but not visible from orbit (!)
    ... for this we are forced to put the "ROUTE" checkbox ... But then, when you fly out to another sector - these planet markers remain visible, and interfere with navigation (!)
    (some points on the planet we CANNOT REMOVE = e.g. they are permanent POIs (Zirax bases that are reborn sometimes), so we have a desire to return to them sometimes (!), and when flying around extractors !
    ===============
    Therefore - not to lose all the necessary and important places = all players are forced to "make visible" all points (set the checkbox "ROUTE")
    This leads to a lot of markers on the screen, which (very often) layering on top of each other, and you get "even points" ... This is a lot of litter on the screen, and interferes with navigation !!!
    ===============
    Therefore, my idea is to GRAMMOTELY EXPAND the REGISTER FUNCTIONAL !!! ==> create a single centralized menu, in which to collect all markers (and which "Route from Registry", and which are in space, and which are markers on the planets (!) = for a Convenient and Comfortable management of all navigation points !!!
    This will eliminate all inconveniences while using navigation, and make the game sky = as clear as possible (!)
    ===============

Here are some options that are needed:
    (additional control options):
    - "remove on approach" checkbox (forgot to draw in the screenshot) = 50 meters for planet, and 500 meters for space;
    - share with faction, (copies this waypoint to all faction members navigation menu, shows on screen, text color in list = orange, and on screen ">|marker|<");
    - fix the target for the warp jump;
    - remove waypoint / marker on the planet;
    - show distance.
    - Sort waypoints: by distance / or by name (depending on distance)

Markers, for good measure, lack additional features:
    - display in orbit
    - show in the system
    - show globally (route)
    - remove "route" marker on approach, without removing marker (useful when flying around extractors)
    - choose marker color by preference
    =====================

All this I ask to include in the BASIC CODE of the game, on the level as :
    "Window Builder (N) ... or Library + Factory (F2) ... and Logistics Window (F4) ... and Drone (F5) => to have them in both Vanilla and Reforge foundation (!)
    (so that these functions are automatically included in all Reforge and other scenarios, without special rebuilding them)

Last edited: May 4, 2022
    Lucidlook, Garlein and Popper like this.
  2. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

As I see this idea (navigation menu) :
    upload_2022-5-3_14-0-18.png

Last edited: May 3, 2022
    Popper and Lucidlook like this.
  3. GATTO

GATTO Ensign

And a filter function for structures/poi/etc.
    A search bar filter function.
    A search bar filter function for the love of God.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
  4. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

You talk about this "filter function" ??
    upload_2022-4-26_1-53-22.png

5. GATTO

GATTO Ensign

No mate, i mean a proper search bar filter.

6. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Developers please HEAR US:
    We are players = we have been asking for a long time:
    Add the function to the registry:
    1) collapse/expand all systems in the list on registry;
    2) SEARCH structure / POI / ore / asteroid, other.

7. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Besides - "Navigation Menu" will close the question "with a 1 in 1 overlay of markers on the screen", which annoys ALL PLAYERS (!)
    upload_2022-4-26_2-10-32.png

With this "navigation menu" = THE SKY WILL BE CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL (!) :thumpUp::)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    Lucidlook and ChiefSgtBradley like this.
  8. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

@Taelyn, Hello, ask, please - pass this idea on to the game developers!
    It is very INCONVENIENT to manage all the markers when they are in different places, and in order to manage the markers = now we have to fly to that location in order to change the marker options ... this is NOT CONVENIENT (!) Therefore, there are problems with "black markers" at one point screen (when many markers overlap themselves) !
    My suggestion in the main thread = is aimed at eliminating these two problems (!) :)

9. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You have a button to hide them all at once

2022-05-04 19_43_42-Empyrion - Galactic Survival.png

10. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

This button here = DOES NOT solve all our problems (!)
    Deleting all the marks = we can't go back to them quickly (!)
    But we - players - very often have to return to many different points (!)
    So we cannot clear them with this button (!)
    Because THEN - it will be very difficult for us to find them in the registry, in order to restore them one day for re-visiting (!)
    THAT'S WHAT'S IMPORTANT (!)
    That's why I suggested making a "control panel" - a single centralized window for easy tag management !!!

Lucidlook likes this.
  11. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Dear developers!
    We - all players - cordially ask you - to expand the functionality of the in-game registry => ADD "WAYPOINT NAVIGATION" window!
    Because the functionality of the registry now - is very limited (!), And manual searching for the "necessary marker or ore" in the registry - we spend a huge amount of our precious life time (!) :(

We DO NOT WANT to spend our whole lives flipping through the registry in search of the right point (!)
    Please - make it easier for us to work with the registry !!!

12. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

===============================
    Here is the second reason why you NEED TO EXPAND THE REGISTRY FUNCTIONALITY:

If we select the filter: "Show only your tags", then we will see a very terrible picture (see screenshot):
    20220524013359_1.jpg

20220524013344_1.jpg

Here we see ONLY THAT STAR SYSTEM IN WHICH MY CHARACTER IS (!!!)
    And at the same time, OTHER star systems are NOT SHOWN, in which there are also my marks (!) :( :( :(

Dear developers, and @Taelyn !
    here's HOW YOU DO we (players) = have to find their marks IN OTHER STAR SYSTEMS ??????????????????????????????

You offer us to keep a diary in which to manually write down all the systems and planets that have our marks ?????
    But then it will take a lot of time of our lives, when we will spend an additional 20 - 40 minutes to find the marker I need in another star system, copy it from a table (for example, Excel), and paste it into a galaxy map search .... .but these 20-40 minutes of our life we could SPEND WITH OUR FAMILY, PLAY WITH OUR CHILDREN, WALK THE DOG.....

EXPAND US THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE REGISTRY, OR REFUND THE MONEY FOR THE PURCHASE OF THE GAME (!!!!!!!!)

13. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

If you like using Caps-Lock thats .. TFR40.gif

Just stop yelling at the ELEON Team!

RedEvil, Popper and Escarli like this.
  14. bbk.3164

bbk.3164 Commander

Do you agree with this expression that: "The game MUST GROW (DEVELOP) (!)"
    for 12 years of development - you can create content in 850% - all the fantasies of the world, but - they gave us "beautiful water", little content, they still don't want to do IMPORTANT POINT = just expand the functionality of the registry (!)
    Players have been asking for years to add "SEARCH" to the registry ...
    ... but... WHERE is this registry search???
    You see ?
    Not enough filters (!) need "SEARCH" (!!!)
    ... you also need a "DELETE personal marker" button from the registry, so as not to fly to that system to delete the marker manually!
    ... also need the function "GROUP personal markers to press ONLY x1 button "show / hide on screen, or Route" ==>> instead of pressing x10 buttons for each marker (!) ....... because it SAVE LIFETIME for you, m
    e, and all other players (!!!!!!!!!!!)

.... I used to ask the developers == "to add 2 buttons to the registry: "expand and collapse the entire list of the registry" (as in the Control Panel of a ship or base -->> "DEVICES" tab) ... but I DID NOT HEARD ( !) :(

I, like many players, am also tired of playing an imperfect game that only lacks SMALL BUT IMPORTANT FEATURES (I'm talking about the lack of functions in the registry) (!!!!!)

I'm not asking the developers to give us new devices, create a mission labyrinth, or include "Star Wars ship sets" in the game!
    I only ask - TO ADD THE MISSING FUNCTIONS TO THE REGISTER, WHICH ARE VERY IMPORTANT, AS EASIER WORKING WITH THE REGISTER (when a huge amount of information has accumulated there)

Therefore, I repeat once again - Do you agree with this expression that: "The game MUST DEVELOP (!)"

Last edited: May 25, 2022
  15. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Il told you on discord. And i tell you the same here. Please stop pinging us every week about it.
    It has no point

We have read your post and more I will not say on it.
    It will be discussed internally.

RedEvil and Germanicus like this.
  16. Nartesh

Nartesh Ensign

Hey, it has been some months, how did the internal discussion go? I am very interested in this.

I love empyrion, but there are many QoL things missing that should not be much development effort but would help us love the game even more.
    One that annoys me multiple times each day is the missing search for the registry.
    It does not have to be fancy, just a string search field that filters the list by the entered string would help a lot.
    I would even be happy to have the registry as a readable text file in the game data and search it with notepad.

Thank you for any update on this.

17. Ranensol

Ranensol Ensign

Bought this game back in Alpha, played for a bit and realised you were on to something, but it was really early days and I had other games to play, so left it until a couple weeks back.

I've put 100 hours into this now, and a there's reasonable chance I'll keep putting hundreds of hours into it. So thank you.

BUT

You cannot create and maintain a game like this and not make QoL changes like basic search functionality your top priority.
    This shouldn't even be a discussion, and it's frankly insulting to the people who have bought, love, and want to spread the good word of your game to turn around and say "Don't shout" or "We'll think about it".

As a dev myself I'd personally be VERY thankful people still want to enjoy this game despite it's many, many, flaws. I'm surprised this is even considered to be out of Beta myself.

18. Aaron(Wakfu)

Aaron(Wakfu) Commander

yes please we need QOL