Filed / Tracking Internal drill turrets can be used by passengers but not the pilot [7673]

Discussion in 'Tracking / Filed' started by Garaman, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Garaman

Garaman Captain

Build: 3079
    Mode: Creative / Survival
    Mode: Single Player

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: Devices

Summary: A drill turret that is sufficiently inside a CV/HV is unusable by the pilot, but can still be used by a passenger

Description:
    Mounting a drill turret inside of a CV or HV so that the nozzle is more than one block away from a forcefield barrier (either from a forcefield block or an open door) results in the turret being unusable when accessed from the cockpit ("You cannot drill this, please switch to the right drilling mode"). Accessing the turret from a passenger seat still allows it to be used without issue.

I'm really hoping the issue is with the pilot not being able to use it, and not that the passenger shouldn't be able to either. I would expect the behavior to be consistent either way.

Steps to Reproduce:
    I have attached an example CV and HV frame that both reproduce this issue. Each consists of 4 drill turrets placed inside an enclosed room with a forcefield at one end, with each turret one block further from the door than the previous.

upload_2020-9-15_3-27-46.jpeg

The red turret is closest to the forcefield. Both the pilot and passenger can operate this turret.
    upload_2020-9-15_3-29-1.jpeg

When the pilot tries to operate the other 3, he gets the "cannot drill this" message:
    upload_2020-9-15_3-31-10.png

The passenger does not get this message with any turret:
    upload_2020-9-15_3-31-55.jpeg

Attached Files: