Is it my imagination or do planets look better?

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by Nazo, Mar 29, 2023.

1. Nazo

Nazo Ensign

So maybe I just haven't spent enough time on the ground in recent times, but I fired up the experimental version to do the tutorial and was almost blown away as I stepped out of that teleporter and saw the trees, the water, etc. So I started a new normal game on Akua and was simply blown away by its beauty. It really gives me a wonderful feel for exploring such a world and I'm excited to explore other such worlds. It really feels like there is more plantlife, more variety in trees, more variety in things like rocks, etc etc to just give it an overall more vibrant feel and I'd swear even the water seems like it was reworked?

Is this a new change or have I just been missing out for a while in my rush to get spacebound recently?

BTW, one thing I noticed is Akua for me had a really slow timescale. This was actually pretty amazing. I got to really feel the sunsets and sunrises because they actually stuck around for a while complete with the light tone change. I really had a feel for it. Honestly I kind of wish the timescale was that slow for all worlds. Sadly it seems most still just fly through their days and things like sunrises and sunsets are basically a "take a screenshot as fast as you can, it will be gone in a moment" sort of thing.

Pach and Germanicus like this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

The time is the same for all planets, but the starting planets use new decorations.

3. Nazo

Nazo Ensign

So I guess the higher detail to trees, rocks, etc, the, larger amount of variety, etc etc, and so on were already in the game for a while and I just did not notice in all this time? If it's not new to the latest experimental release, please tell me it at least hasn't been long...

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

It's been in for at least one, maybe two major versions but like I said only for the starter planets and some test planets they added.