Jet pack

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mirosya, Jan 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Mirosya

Mirosya Commander

Perhaps someone has already suggested a similar one, but did not find a similar one by searching.
    I would like to change the mechanics of the jet pack:
    1) that the jet pack needs fuel to operate
    2) so that jet pack flights are available in the planet's atom
    3) so that fuel consumption depends on the gravity of the planet, but it was possible to take off on a planet with a high gravity
    P.S. I understand that in order to balance such changes, it will be necessary to limit the flight time on the planet at least, but in the future this will eliminate the need to build ugly tricky elevators and doors in ships to get into them

2. Darinth

Darinth Commander

The idea of a jetpack came up in this thread and I'll give the same general response I gave there. The issue with jetpack improvement is that a lot of the POIs are specifically designed around the jetpack limits. Certain things are higher up and having lighter suits with jetpack upgrades makes the platforming easier. Wearing heavy armor with all armor mods for maximum tankiness makes accessing certain areas completely impossible.

What would you think of a block in bases (maybe CVs as well?) that would provide additional power to jetpacks while in their range?