Just wanted to post this pic to sum up the issue.

Discussion in 'Experimental Features Discussion' started by MoonshineBandit, May 28, 2022.

1. MoonshineBandit

MoonshineBandit Ensign

However I dont understand select image URL cannot post pic. I noticed when trying to call drone or harvest gold nuggets on ground near the poles It says Im near enemy base when calling drone and Cannot do this when close to poles trying to mine gold.

Attached Files:

2. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

You cannot modify terrain or build on the poles, nor in the strip where the two ends of the map "meet".

Bad place for a gold node to spawn. :/

3. MoonshineBandit

MoonshineBandit Ensign

Thanks for replying I just want to add there seems to be a halfway point where you can actually call drone and mine gold at the pole areas. also, when playing regular EGS not experimental, I have never ran into this issue unless actually in the pole itself. ok well maybe we can get gold in more accessible areas later on. Love the new game so far however.

Pach likes this.
  4. Pach

Pach Rear Admiral

I can't see your picture, but if it's just OUTSIDE the "pole" area, yes, positioning could be really important.

5. TwitchyJ

TwitchyJ Commander

Yeah, unfortunately you can't post pictures directly to the forums anymore (I still say this is a terrible idea overall).

Instead you have to go through all the trouble of posting it to a 3rd party site and then provide the link in here.

Which is just going to make everything more difficult for no real benefit....
    It's just taking away from the players.
    Is just making it that much more likely that people don't share pictures and stuff now, which was a huge part of the forum.

It also makes it really hard to confirm we have the same issues as other bug reports as well, which will just lead to even more duplicate reports because we can't see the pictures or confirm the same error anymore....
    Oh well.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    stanley bourdon, Spoon and Kassonnade like this.
  6. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

They could simply delete or archive the tons of dead ancient threads instead of trying to kill the forum dynamics.

They are way too much in "damage control" mode and it shows. I'n not going to waste much more time around here. If I have time to waste, I'll waste it on working on a real game and making assets for it instead of trying to push on this stubborn mule here...

7. Germanicus

Germanicus Rear Admiral

@TwitchyJ @Kassonnade

I don't know where your problems are with using a 3rd Party for posting your pics...
    I use Flickr since several Years now and have 800 Pictures there which I could no longer post on my Wargamer Forum because of Reasons.

To @MoonshineBandit
    works pretty easy to upload and link the BB-Code by Copy/past it in here and see the full picture ->
    [​IMG] by GÜNTER HEIM, auf Flickr