Meteorites Incoming, Watch Out!

Discussion in 'Planets & Playfields' started by Aaron_IRL, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Aaron_IRL

Aaron_IRL Ensign

Watch out for what? Please just hit me in the head and kill me. At least then I'd know where they are. I am so sick of that warning when I can circumnavigate the globe 4 -6 times and never once locate a meteorite. If by some chance miracle I do find one, it'll be something I don't really need. Please add meteorites to the detector on HV's, or the one that I am carrying (that I'm apparently wasting inventory space for nothing now as it's useless once you have uncovered and depleted the planet). Only being able to see an above ground meteor at 500m is ridiculous when, according to their respective tooltips, I can detect an ore underground at 1000m personal detector, and at 2500m with the HV detector.

Kronoss and Ace Warbringer like this.
  2. TK85

TK85 Captain

locating these meteorites is a pain in the ass ...

I simply enter the console and use the map command to find them.

It seems to me that there is an unresolved technical problem that prevents them from being located by the detector.

Kronoss and Ace Warbringer like this.
  3. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

Better in console use ents command to locate and bookmark them faster.

TK85 likes this.
  4. tryst49

tryst49 Lieutenant

I have always said that 500m limit is bad news, even when we had smaller planets. Especially with a POI, by the time you are close enough to find out it's hostile, it's already taking pot shots at you.

With the bigger planets now, it needs to be increased to 1Km. Also ore needs to be detected at 1km as standard and 2km with a detector.

Andreykl, Kronoss, TK85 and 2 others like this.