Minor improvements... Aka: QoL

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Beasthammer, Oct 5, 2020.

1. Beasthammer

Beasthammer Commander

Hello Empyrion!

I would like to suggest some QoLs aka Quality of Life improvements. Please consider these things as of my small wish list to have a smoother gameplay.
    I think (maybe i am wrong) these suggestions would make the game a little bit better with low effort:

1. Map markers! Especially remove on approach. Distance.png
    As i experienced the object will be discovered quite far, the marker won't bother even if u bump the object itself.
    - Please set it to higher distance, at least 500-1000m in space, because it is really frustrating to
    remove them by hand.
    - Please make it possible to recolor them with at least the basic 16 colors ​

2. First person look / Third person look

Can you please make the game to remember the foot setting and the vehicle setting?
    I want to drive my ship in third person, and when i get out of my chair, i would like to be in first person. It is really-really frustrating to set it ALL THE TIME!!

3. Ship management
    constructor.png
    Can you please make the interactable objects visible on action bars? It is really tiring when you move around the galaxy and you need to always:
    push P -> then go devices -> then find the drill or the construtor in the list -> then select -> then access -> then back arrow -> then select -> then access... Yes i am aware of the double click thing. But why is my action bar is empty? (there is no "back" arrow for turrets, only F "exit")

There should be a check box for every object to make it visible on the action bar and the option to lock/enable the rearrangement of the action bar.

4. Deconstructor and Furnace for CV.
    With the galaxy are we supposed to run back every time to our base with the loot? I don't even know why i would need to settle in the first place, but without the option of cargo teleportation, it is safe to say that CV-s could be our mobile bases... (I know there are players who say: "everything should have it's own purpose") Okay but will you just use 200 pentaxid to drop out some ore at your base?

5. Relevant trigger mechanisms for events
    It happened to me that i killed a drone with my paper SV and a damn Destroyer spawned on me.
    I would like to see NPC SVs too. It is really interesting that there are no SV npc ships around. Only 1 block prefabs and CVs.

6. Why cant we pilot enemy CVs?? Please explain! Why? It takes time and a lot of effort to disable npc ships...
    But there is no option to pilot or own them. Why? Didn't i earn the right to have it? Beacuse it is really funny when u see a badass build and the only thing you can do is salvage...

7. Salvage
    Can you please make a block which will deconstruct any object it is placed on? Like the blueprint factory. You build a block -> link it to a storage box /or factory, power it up and turn it on. So it will disassemble/salvage/deconstruct anything. (The time requirement would work like the factory)
    So ppl would not need to grind down those 10-20k blocks by the turret or multitool.
    As a start an area of effect multiturret would satisfy my needs too. A Multitturret with the aoe of a drill turret.
    It would save a lot of time.

8. More exotic stuff which cannot be bought... (well when i salvaged zirax turrets i got only my noob general ones... but whatever) I would like to see more collectibles/ sellables and more classes of weapons or tiers with different bonuses!

What are your thoughts guys?

Personally i really love the hyperjump effect!!! BIIG thanks for it even though you conviced me before that it is impossible to make one! And big thanks for the SV drills and turrets too!!

Please make more of my wishes come true (galaxy-check; hyperjump animation-check, QoLs-unknown, endgame content-unknown)