Missions scripting guide : Custom Scenarios

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by zaphodikus, Jul 31, 2022.

Tags:
  1. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Is there a canonical missions scripting guide?
    I'm trying to disable the Robinson Protocol popping up randomly/annoyingly when my custom Scenario starts. I don't want to spend hours working out how to and then later on discover my approach to disabling it was flawed because I break something else inadvertently.

I'll post more steps showing what I have tried and found did not work yet, but I have an appointment to run off to. So give me a sec to share links to what I do know so far.

2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Simply add an empty pda folder to your scenario ( you might need to add an image too just so there's something in that folder).

I believe that will cause it to not load the default pda but I have not tested it in some time myself.

3. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Thanks mate, will do, weather has been too hot here lately to even switch on the computer for long enough to research. That sounds like is will do the job. Oh And thanks for your Custom Scenario starter workshop, I'm still using it as a basis for all of the guide I'm writing. Might be due an update as well.

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Yes I need to update that scenario to include the new sectors file.

Let me know if that works to deactivate the pda.

5. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Will do. Been hot weather (too hot to play games even) and still actually learning how to create an empty but valid PDA.
    I'm getting to grips with the online PDA builder thingy, I've never used or seen it before now. Will PM you with specific things that needed updating in the Custom Scenario starter once I can get near to the computer for long enough to do a complete fresh scenario build.

6. zaphodikus

zaphodikus Captain

Thanks. Confirming that fixed it Ravien. I used the online pda tool and made a blank-enough PDA file, that fixed the Tutorial junk when the game starts, that was my big progress blocker. I'll share examples shortly since I am almost done with Part 1 as a result of this little tip.