More different sized hangar doors

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nailbomb, May 18, 2018.

1. Nailbomb

Nailbomb Ensign

Sorry if this got implemented. I didn't checked the hangar doors in A8.

There are some missing hangar doors. I think there were no 8block or ten block variations but 6 or 12 are available. It would help for even spaced ships.

T431, Eredain, Pyston and 2 others like this.
  2. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Yes!!! And please give us bigger ones! Or change the design so we can stack them up differently to allow for big CVs to enter stations/bases. 14 is just not enough even for a moderate size CV to enter...

3. Ambaire

Ambaire Captain

For stuff like this, I almost wonder if Eleon wants to invest the time to make a Procedural hangar door. R-click it in your hand and you enter a custom width and height and it creates a procedurally generated model for immediate use. Could have procedurally generated forcefields and other stuff, too. Like the procedural parts mods for KSP.

ECubed and Bollen like this.
  4. Eredain

Eredain Ensign

Yes i'm have some problems with size of hangar doors too. Bigger hangar doors or procedural be reali useful.

Bollen likes this.
  5. Tryst

Tryst Captain

I have suggested a motorised slide rail that can be placed in sections so a door any height or width can be built on it using standard blocks. If standard SI rules were adopted, it would force players to use more slide rails to take the weight and size. A guide rail in the floor and a slide that makes up the door or something similar to create the distinction between a fixed base and a moving part.

This would mean, aside from the standard doors, we could make our own doors of any size and varying complexity.

Imagine 2 doors in sections, section 1 slides 3 blocks, section 2 is one block out from it and slides back 6 blocks and section 3 is one block out from section 2 and slides back 9 blocks. Fully open the doors would each take up a base area of 3x3 but fully closed, they would cover a width of 18 blocks and almost any height you need (allowing for SI rules for block materials to limit the height). Add 2 more hanging from the guide rails above if you need more height. Using several break beam sensors each side linked together to the same output, you can trigger all the doors to open or close no matter what size vehicle you approach in or what height you approach.

Using this, I can imagine some quite fancy opening styles being used.

Bollen likes this.
  6. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Captain

It would be interesting if they could make it so that you place shutters or hanger doors as blocks. You'd drag them to cover the necessary space like with normal blocks but then they'd merge into a single device once you click the button to place them. That way there cost and hp would scale with the size of the shutter/door.

Bollen likes this.
  7. Bollen

Bollen Captain

Great ideas all of them!

8. Kael

Kael Ensign

I think it would be better if we just specified the size at building, then it calculated the requirements, weight, cost e.t.c. so we can make them as large or as small as we need. I need larger ones for my small CV ships which I want protected even offline from Zirax drones even when the fuel has run out.