My Own Server

Discussion in 'Multiplayer Meeting Room' started by plas, Feb 19, 2016.

1. plas

plas Ensign

I am going to try and explain what I am trying to do please bare with me.
    How do I get into my brothers game using his IP#.
    I went ahead and got Hamachi downloaded then followed the directions to go into his game but I keep getting an error *Can't Connect*
    I also tried just putting in his IP# in multiplayer and still get same result.
    Does he have to have his port forwarding at 30000 also same as me?
    or
    Is this thing of multiplayer not working at all till game goes live?
    We would like to join a server (Pve) but everything would be gone (resources) and bases would be emptied on the planets or does it respond?

Old and not to good at this but would love to play in multiplayer with my brother instead of sitting here all alone onthe planet and looking at the dam flowers chasing me lol

Would like to get a serious answer what I can do Please and Thank You

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  2. Furian

Furian Captain

Hello, a friend of mine and I startet with joining each others games by using Hamachi... you need to rightclick on the hamachi IP ang copy the ipv4 address, paste it into the ip / port box in the "multiplayer" section. your brothers ipv4 address:30000 (if he uses port 30000, in the settings) then if the port is not blocked by his router, then you should get right in. if not then he should do a port forward of port 30000.

if you join a ongoing pve/pvp multiplayer server there will still me resources in form of meteorites that's spawning when the deposits are low.
    the bases will not respawn.
    you might not be able to build bases or ships on those servers, depending on how much the other players got there. this is because there's currently a limit. hoping this gets boosted in the alpha.

3. MechPilot524

MechPilot524 Captain

If you both are on the same network you don't need Hamachi or port forwarding - you're routing through the same gateway so you don't need to reroute gateways.

What you need to do is have him open Command Prompt and type "ipconfig" as his command. There'll be an IPV4 address, usually something like 192.168.X.X. You need to copy the IPV4 address and use that, and it should connect.