Please don't force people into view modes

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Nemethon, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Nemethon

Nemethon Ensign

I always play games in first person mode and most games force people into third person mode sometimes. In this game, if you use the motorbike. Please don't do this. If I want to drive in third person, I choose to do so. There is a button for it. Don't force me into that mode.

Same for people with third person mode. I'm sure they want to stay in the chosen view mode too. If you have a button to change view mode, please let the player decide. ;)

I really hate third person mode. Never liked it in any game. I even install first person mods for some games. ^^

xmacleod likes this.
  2. Sadly there has never been a first person view for the motorbike. It's been asked for countless times.
    You can zoom really far in while in third person on the motorbike, it's almost like first person, but you will have to do it every single time you get on the bike.

3. Zaflis

Zaflis Commander

What i would hope for is a selection for "default view mode" for each thing you enter/leave to.
    - Just character: always 1st person. I see no reason anyone would prefer 3rd person for this. It's not playable, really. If you want to sometimes see your character from outside, sure but that's 0.0001% of your playtime needing to do selfies.
    - Motorbike: based on above comments this is arguable. I much prefer 3rd person, but i always have to also press Alt to unlock the camera. I want to see around me, not just what's in front of me. Having camera locked behind you would feel too stiff, less natural.
    - SV/HV/CV: depends on cockpit. In most cases 3rd person works best but if i have good vision from cockpit it's especially easier to do combat in 1st person. If i could choose this differently per ship it would be nice, or save the camera mode i was using when last sitting in cockpit and continue with that next time i enter.

orcaman98 and RazzleWin like this.
  4. This is my preference. I wish for it to be saved to the structure itself, individually. Structure A would have whatever view I left it on when last used. Structure B would have it's own saved last viewpoint, etc, etc.

5. orcaman98

orcaman98 Ensign

Personally, my preference 99% of the time is 1st person on foot, and 3rd person in ships. I'm completely in favor of Zaflis' suggestion of having a view mode setting saved per vehicle.

Luzillus likes this.
  6. IndigoWyrd

IndigoWyrd Rear Admiral

I use 3rd person when walking around on foot regularly. Aside from being able to make some clever camera manipulations to see if there are Zirax troopers hiding around corners this way without using my drone, it can be useful when searching for resources as well, by allowing a much larger view area. It's also good for spotting spiders in the tall grass.

Cluascorp likes this.
  7. Myrmidon

Myrmidon Rear Admiral

1.Ride the bike
    2.Hit Alt
    3.Use the mouse wheel to adjust a pseudo 1st person view for the bike.
    4.Profit

:)