Please Fix Gamepad Support? :'(

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by ZaCloud, Sep 16, 2024.

1. ZaCloud

ZaCloud Ensign

It's been years. So many years...
    I'm disabled & it's so hard to play because I have to keep hurting myself leaning forward & struggling with coordination to press keyboard buttons, because so many controller (gamepad) functions are either absent, or are SUPPOSED to be there but don't work.

("Known issues" for YEARS that would likely take only a few minutes to fix... Like making the RUN button work so we can run. Or making it so DPad-DOWN + A picks up things like the bike & portable crafter & stuff like it's supposed to.)

You're making DLC already, yet so many people can't even play the base game comfortably (or at all) because you guys won't take a few minutes to map a few buttons. :(

Heck, I'd love to map my own if I could. But using Steam controller settings or Joy2Key often doesn't feel as fluid as native controller support, & one shouldn't have to resort to that.
    Maybe it would be more work, but if the issue is that you can't decide what button layout to use, then maybe you can instead make it so we can configure it ourselves? That'd be an alternative.

Either way... please complete gamepad support? :(
    Or at very, very least... Please fix the buttons that are already supposedly available but aren't working (The "known issues" concerning gamepads).

...thank you.

2. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    You can disable our software and install own mapping software, steam also has a controller mapping tool build in that can be used (even if you dont like this, this is the solution atm)

Its on our todo list to take a look to this, but no eta

3. ZaCloud

ZaCloud Ensign

Okay...
    How do I disable your software?

4. Taelyn

Taelyn Administrator Staff Member Community Manager

• Developer
    • Administrator
    Options > Controls > Enable Controller

I believe it was