Feedback Required Possible yaml file issue resolution

Discussion in 'Questions, Discussions & Feedback' started by Jeshuran, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Jeshuran

Jeshuran Ensign

I run a dedicated server for some friends and have a lab for making changes for a slightly non vanilla version. I was trying to add a couple ships and a space stations to randomly generate in the default SpaceOrbit\space_dynamic.yaml When I made a change it would cause all the ships to spawn (example in Zirax territory instead of one of the zirax patrol vessels it would spawn ALL The zirax patrol vessels.) I restored several times to previous points and did a lot of troubleshooting trying to figure this out. As i was looking at the YAML file in Notepad++ I noticed an oddity in the original. It appears many of the "REM" comment lines are not commenting out, instead causing the line they are part of to not work
    upload_2021-3-1_18-17-58.png

This was easy enough for me to fix and it made the playfields now spawn expected numbers of vessels:

upload_2021-3-1_18-19-38.png

I searched the forum and did not find anything about this, but it seems like something that would cause a lot of grief. I have not looked yet, but I suspect all the default YAML files may have this issue