PLZ Retest and Re-Report Problem with base rotation when spawning new blueprint

Discussion in 'Archive (Read Only)' started by El_Globo, May 26, 2021.

1. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Hi,

I had some important placement setup problem with a base created in a survival game during gameplay. The blueprint placement preview (green block) wasn't centered in the middle (approximatively) of the green cube as I expected it to be, but was far away from the player reticule (see exemple 1a and 1b)

I found that it was related to the initial starting block placement relative to the square dimension of the whole structure when you first save the blueprint.

If I make a cross centered around the core and save it, it will spawn centered. If I delete the core after intial save and put it at the end of the cross, it still stay centered. (exemple 2a,2b,2c)

If I create the same cross with the core initially placed at one of the extremity, the whole structure will spawn centered on the extremity, even if I remove the core after and place it agian in the middle ! (exemple 3a,3b)

The axe of rotation of the spawning of a blueprint should be centered on the middle of the complete structure at any time, regardless off what you do/mess with the starting object !

When I have made my base (exemple 1) on top of a mountain, I first spawned a starting block, the I deleted it several times during the redimention of the base, and I must have done the initial save when the core was put randomly and temporary at a corner of my work to not bother me while I was doing other placements.

So the result is a total mess, and I can't use this blueprint and others done without knowing this bug ! I tried to use the N selection tool to just select the base, paste and copy hoping it would recenter the whole, but nothing !

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    Germanicus likes this.
  2. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Console command will fix it.

prefabinfo 'Blueprint Name' -clearpivot

This will reset the pivot point of the blueprint file back to the center of the bounding box. This applies to the blueprint file directly, so you'll then need to spawn a fresh copy of your blueprint after running this command to see any changes.

El_Globo and -AKEVA-BANSHEE- like this.
  3. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Thank you, it is very useful and works fine !

Surely there's must be a way to retrieve my blueprints name by console list command, but meanwhile I found easier to fix all my stuff with :
    prefabinfo $own -clearpivot

Pach, Germanicus and ravien_ff like this.