Project Eden (upcoming massive random scenario)

Discussion in 'Scenarios' started by ravien_ff, Jun 18, 2018.

1. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I'll probably do a few more major updates to the test scenario (new planets, POIs, space playfields) before spending the time to convert it over to the Eden solar system generator config.

The new solar system config will give the general shape and structure of the solar system by dividing the solar system into its 3 parts (inner, mid, and outer) and generate around 50-80 planets, though at first most planets will be placeholders in the form of my old planet templates while I continue to rework each planet type.

Feedback on the larger solar system will really help me fine tune it! Still probably a couple months away before I do this change.

I'm excited, but it's a long project so I thank everyone who tries this test scenario and gives their feedback on what they see so far.

Myrmidon likes this.
  2. The Tactician[ Λ ]

The Tactician[ Λ ] Rear Admiral

your work is the work of a god, your so talented bro

3. piddlefoot

piddlefoot Rear Admiral

I have a scenario that Im trying to incorporate a complex story into, these planet sets are really cool and handy so we thank you muchly for doing such a good job on them, I havent had a yaml error yet on any of your yamls, makes it even easier.

Is it possible to create a huge ring donut asteroid using these techniques ?

ravien_ff likes this.
  4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

Thank you! Glad you like them!

Yeah it should be possible. If it exceeds the max size of a base you could always break it up into multiple ones spawned in fixed positions so it looks like a single donut asteroid. I'm not sure what kind of performance impact it would have though. Can't know till we try right? :D