Question about generation of ore deposit in new games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by El_Globo, May 25, 2021.

1. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Hi,

I was wondering how the random (?) generation of various ores deposits were made in new games.

In my current game, I can't find any large+ zascosium deposit, even on high G lava planets where I usually find my claims for auto-miners.... The max size so far was medium ! I checked already 10 systems around the starting one.

In a previous game I think I had the same issue with neodymium, and I checked my notes : there were big zascosium deposits....

2. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Zascosium and other such rare ores will not be in any vanilla game starter system. Neodynium yes but only at some vendors or in asteroid fields of your starter system. You need to visit other systems to find these things, especially Z, sathium, platinum ore which you need soon to build a serious CV etc. The starter system generally allows you to build a basic CV to go in other systems, but you will want to upgrade it soon which will indeed need all these materials for your factory.
    I haven't looked at the game files to be sure though, it's just what I experience when starting new games. But you can check the files yourself, go read them in the content folder.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
  3. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Yes I know that these ressources are outside the starter system. That's why I said I didn't found any BIG in almost ten systems around the starter one that I didn't count. Perharps my post wasn't clear enough. Anyway thk you for posting.

4. ravien_ff

ravien_ff Rear Admiral

I don't think there really are any big deposits of Zascosium. It's a rare ore.

5. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

I have two auto miners on big zascosium deposits on a planet Oaeurena II system HALPHU Gamma and they are at least two more on this nice temperate planet ! Perharps I got very lucky ?

Attached Files:

6. japp_02

japp_02 Commander

Well, in Vanilla 1.4+ I just had to jump about 30 light year, still in the very vicinity to find these ores. Look at G stars or other stars with not too low or too high temperatures. It's also a matter of chance about what bodies you discover in a system, but keep visiting new systems.

7. El_Globo

El_Globo Commander

Yes, and the example I just posted wasn't on a lava planet as I wrote in my first post (didn't remembered because I have spread 31 auto-miners in a network of systems !)

Too bad that generally when I finish to set up my ring of autominers connected to my teleport stations I...... start a new game ;) No, this one was because I was eager to test the 1.5 !

8. Kassonnade

Kassonnade Rear Admiral

The only templates that have Zascosium deposits are BarrenMetal, Lava, LavaNascent, MoonNascent and Scorched. I wonder how you can have some on a temperate playfield because unless I missed one the only playfields with Zascosium are the ones I listed.

As for the size of deposits, if you use autominers that do not deplete deposits then you might get more than what the sizes indicate in the templates. Sizes range anywhere from (min, max) 2 to 16 (maybe bigger) but I don't know what these units represent. But for Zascosium the biggest deposits are found on BarrenMetal planets with a size range of (5,6) which is about half the size of the biggest deposits (other ores).

This note in the "Scorched" template file shows that we can't really deduct a "formula" to get the ore amount for given size ranges:

Scorched [ 4, 5 ] # 160 - 314 ore. Total planet yield SizeClass 3: 0-628 ore; vs. Lava planet (SizeClass 3, EGS 1.3) 1256-3252 ore)

I guess this note compares two equivalent size ranges to show one planet types yields less nevertheless, so obviously there are hidden values and parameters at play to set ore amounts.