Quick Input From a New Player

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by Promethium, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Promethium

Promethium Ensign

Hey there! Just picked up the game and haven't spent too terribly much time in it yet (though am enjoying it thus far!)

Had a bit of quick input/a request:

I had a problem when I first started up a new game, where there was a fair amount of input lag regarding my mouse. Looking around felt sluggish and strange. I googled the issue to find at least 3 dozen threads on these forums and the steam discussion forums mentioning the issue!

Taking a few of the recommendations (turning off "Enhance Pointer Precision" in Windows 10. Using these launch options in Steam: "-noforcemaccel -noforcemspd -noforcemparms"), and it improved it a little bit, but still felt weird.

Now the strangest part is simply that this issue is only present in normal first person or third person views, changing the view to free look mode, or using the mouse in inventory or in the main menu feels immediately responsive and slick. So, this assures me it's not a hardware issue, but something going on in-game/in-engine.

Just as a bit of extra feedback, I also played with my display settings, tried fullscreen and borderless, turned settings down and up, fiddled with the max framerate, disabled V-sync through the Nvidia control panel, updated my graphics driver, and such. None of these things, on their own or together, appeared to have any extra impact.

Anyhow, just thought I'd throw this out there for any other players experiencing these issues, or to the devs if they are interested. Would love to see this issue addressed in some manner in the future! (Or perhaps if I have missed something, someone has some advice).

Thanks for making this game, and for anyone taking their time to read this! Cheers!