Radiated Fog storm begins in middle of mission narrative.

Discussion in 'FAQ & Feedback' started by boolybooly, May 26, 2020.

1. boolybooly

boolybooly Commander

This isnt a bug but it is feedback because I think the radiated fog is a show stopper when playing a start on the desert planet. You have to drop everything and find shelter, either an enclosed cockpit or base room.

I tried replaying the Heidelberg missions in 12.4 with a second game with a fresh seed to check reproducibility for a bug.

When I had just started the Wreckdiver mission and the narrative text was popping up there was a radioactive fog storm, this meant I immediately had to jump on my salvaged HV and get to base, so once again I was scrambling to get stuff done while the mission text was playing itself.

This time I survived but it struck me this was bad timing and radiated fog storms should not spawn when mission text is playing.

Is there a way to prevent that temporarily?

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  2. Khazul

Khazul Rear Admiral

The mission text shouldnt be modal - that is the problem. It should not interfere with whatever you are trying to do. Bad design.

I really hope the current mission UI is just temporary.

russak likes this.
  3. russak

russak Lieutenant

Word. Modal *anything* other than vital information that has to be acted on *now, now, now* is just frellin' bad interface design. Unless fouling up missions because of random/arbitrary environmental occurrences is part of the intended game experience. I mean, if you're listening to a Mayday when a tiger attacks you, you might not hear everything you need to go to the rescue when you've dealt with the tiger, which would be a bummer if that was the last/only time the SOS got broadcast.