Right Clicking on Planet does not create Map Marker

Discussion in 'Backlog' started by Casey, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Casey

Casey Lieutenant

Note: Previous Bug Report was reported as Not a Bug and archived so I was not able to respond to clarify why it was a bug. I want to thank Pantera for their comments. I've tried to clarify why this is a bug.

Previous Bug report: Right Clicking on Planet Does Not Edit Previously Created Map Marker

Build: v1.5.3 3390
    Mode: Survival
    Mode: Singleplayer

SERVER NAME: Singleplayer
    SEED-ID: 59757

If Applicable:
    MODIFIED PLAYFIELDS: No

Reproducibility: Always
    Severity: Minor

Type: UI Error / Usability Error

Summary: Right Clicking on Planet does not create Map Marker

Description: Right Clicking on Planet does not create Map Marker

Steps to Reproduce: Take CV into space. Press 'M' to open map. Click the System Map. Right click on a planet. In the Add Map Marker dialog, change the name to indicate what the planet sells (or any text). Click "Accept". Click the Info Panel check box on the left to open the Info Panel on the right. Click the Map Markers tab. You should see the Map Marker you created. Right click on the planet again. In the name field you'll see the planets name, not the text you put into the Add Marker dialog. Pantera's indicated this is to allow you to create a new marker, and is not intended to allow you to edit the existing marker. In the Add Map Marker Dialog, change the text to something else. See first screenshot. Click "Accept". The Second Map Marker does not appear to be created. In the Map Marker Tab, nothing changes. See screenshot 2.

Screenshots, Crash Logs, and other Relevant Information or Download links:
    screenshot.jpg - Shows Add Map Marker Dialog to create the second Map Marker
    screenshot2.jpg - Shows the second Map Marker was not created as expected.
    screenshot3.png - screenshot from Pantera (see comment below in history)

History:

Pantera: When you are doing this your creating a new marker please use the edit marker option via the "Map markers" list "Edit" option: (see screenshot3.png)

Attached Files: